11

A few weeks have passed and meeting up with Donny became a regular thing, and after the first time Ivan didn’t stay with me to watch. He would drop me off and told me to just call him when I was ready so that’s how it happened every week. I’m not really wanting to go out this week so I thought maybe I could ask Ivan about Donny coming over to watch some movies with me while Ivan’s at work. I called Ivan hoping he wasn’t too busy, after a few rings he answered, “Is something wrong little mouse? You never call me first when I am at work.” I blushed when hearing him sound worried but I shook my head as if he could see me before responding, “N-no I wanted to ask if Donny could come watch some movies with me. I don’t feel up to going in public today and it’s our hangout day.” He told me it was okay and that he needed to go since he had a meeting to attend to.

An hour later there was a knock at the door and I knew it was Donny since I sent him the address and explained the situation. I opened the door, excited to see my friend again, he hugged me before I stepped aside to allow him in. “Wow, you really live in this huge mansion?” he looked around in awe as he questioned me. I hoped he wouldn’t question how or any of the details of me being allowed to live in this house. I am young and even if he is full human, he knows that a half blood prey like me wouldn’t be allowed to live like this on my own. Luckily he didn’t ask too many questions after I nodded shyly in response to his question. I led him to the movie room that was a room with comfortable furniture and a huge movie screen which made him look even more amazed and wowed. 

We had decided on some new horror movie that he really wanted to see so we got comfortable sitting next to each other but still with a little bit of space between us. The movie was really good and by the end of it I was hiding my face in Donny’s shoulder as he laughed at my reaction to the movie. We decided to just talk after the movie which I soon realized I would regret. Donny was asking me weird questions and I couldn’t understand why he wanted to know these things. He asked me my sexuality and I told him I wasn’t sure because I never experimented but I felt like I had a thing for guys. He asked me if I ever had someone I wanted to experiment with and my face got really red when my thoughts went back to Ivan. The thought of us almost naked lying next to each other and how I wanted to touch him more but never did.

I didn’t want to lie to Donny so I nodded and hid my face but I realized how misleading the conversation and my actions were because he made me move my hands away before pressing his lips against mine. At first I was shocked and couldn’t understand until he tried to deepen the kiss and in a panicked state of mind I shoved him off of me. He looked hurt and confused and then a small look of realization hit his face before he looked angry, “It’s because of that Ivan guy, you guys must be a thing right? He fucks your brains out and he lets you live here in his mansion freely?!” his voice was loud and angry and I began to tear up because I hadn’t been yelled at in a long time since I started living here with Ivan. Did Donny think I was another one of Ivan’s play things? Did hge think I used my body to be a gold digger? I started to cry from the thoughts running through my mind until a voice brought me back from my own head.

“Sure if that’s what you want to think of Mocha then go ahead but I will have you know that I have never had sex with this boy. Unlike you I see more than his body and I also do not see him as something to control or get angry if he decides he wants someone that isn’t me. I simply let him live here and give him the life he deserves because I care for him and I expect nothing from him in return because I actually love Mocha, can you say the same?” his voice was unwavering and calm but you could tell he meant every word he said as he hissed them at Donny. Donny looked as if he had seen a ghost and tried to play it off as he walked towards the door, “Whatever man forget it.”