Secret Sleepover

My parents were taking Lucas on a weekend college visit, which meant I would have the entire house to myself, which meant no rules, no parents...

"No curfews, no naps." Alexa was telling me and Katie about her parents leaving as we played video games.

"No doing anything bad." Katie said and Alexa gave her a weird look. "I thought I could sneak that in there."

"No, this weekend is gonna be out of control at Casa Fundoza!" Alexa said in a sing-song voice.

"No it's not!" Lori said in the same sing-song voice. "Because Casa Fundoza is cloza. You're staying next door." Lori tossed Alexa a bag full of her stuff.

"Come on, Mom. You can trust us."

"Oh, sweetheart, you know, you can tell your lies to Jennifer for the next 24 hours."

Dave came down the stairs and yelled, "Lucas, we have to be at the airport at 17:00 hours!"

"Can't you just say five o'clock?" Lori asked.

"You know I can't."

"Dad, you're in a good mood." Alexa pointed out.

"Why wouldn't I be? We are going to the United States Air Force Academy, where Lucas will spend the happiest days of his life, just like I did." Lori gave him a look from across the room. "Except for the day I married your mom." Then Alexa gave him a look. "And the day my kids were born, and...No, that's it."

Mom walked into the house with Jack behind her. "Hey."

"Oh, hey, Jenn." Lori greeted. "Did you get Alexa's list of reminders I emailed you? I know you're swamped with Studying."

"I've got everything under control." Mom reassured Lori. "Just go and enjoy your anniversary trip."

"It's a college trip."

"Oh, thank god. I don't have to buy you a present. Don't worry. I am on top of this." Then she finally took a look at the list. "Wow, uh. Healthy food, math tutor, not going out at night."

"What? Not going out at night?" Alexa questioned.

"Come on, it's one night, and Jennifer doesn't need to be worried about where you are. She's going to be studying really, really hard if she has a prayer of passing these classes."

"Lori!" Dave said.

"No, no. That's exactly what I told her." Mom said.

As Dave, Lori, and Lucas were leaving Mom made sure to reassure them. "I got this. Don't you give it a second thought." Mom turned around a left the house before realizing she forgot us. She came back into the house and said, "Ha-ha! I didn't forget you guys. Come on."

We all got up and left and as we were about to enter our house Alexa stopped us. "Hey, hold up. I'm inviting Hannah and Reagan to sleep over tonight."

"Oh, uh, our mom has to study." I told her.

"I didn't say your house." Then she walked past us and inside.

"It's started, hasn't it?" I asked.

"Uh... But your house is off limits." Katie said to Alexa as we walked into her room, talking about the sleepover. Alexa ignored her and climbed through the window.

"Uh...OK, I'll go as far as the tree, but that is it." Katie said, wanting to follow the rules. I was a mix of both Katie and Alexa. Sometimes i followed the rules like Katie but sometimes you got to let go and be like Alexa. I was with Alexa on this one. Kinda. I climbed through the window with Alexa. We all made it to Alexas room.