28

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island. It's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing." Azula's friend, Ty Lee put her arms behind her head with a bubbly smile.

This lightened Soana's mood as the girl immediately became her good friend the second she arrived on the boat.

Ty Lee was an outgoing girl with a beauty of a majestic sparrowkeet, but she had the strike of a pygmy puma.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time. We're being sent away on a forced vacation. I feel like a child."
Zuko complained as he got up and faced the port side of the boat drawn by a lion seal.

"Lighten up. So dad wants to meet with his advisors alone without anyone else around. Don't take it personally." Azula said cooly.

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty Lee asked Azula.

She crossed her arms.
"We used to come every summer when we were kids."

"That must have been fun." Ty Lee said.

"That was a long time ago." Zuko grumbled.

Soana sat quietly with Mai sitting across from her. She never made eye contact, however, she knew Mai had been sick of her presence ever since the boat departed from the capital. There was no need to worry for Soana though since she now has Zuko's promise of fixing the marriage and a higher title than the former lover of his.

When the five of them arrived at the dock there were two elderly women dressed in the same outfit; pinkish red fire nation dresses with straw hats.

Soana grinned as they spoke in unison.
"Welcome to Ember Island, kids."

They acted so modest and humble as they showed the dive into their vacation home that was a bit small for two people who was close to the royal family.

"It smells like old lady in here." Zuko said, holding his breath.

Soana inhales the smell of stale perfume and nearly choked.
"Huh, I wonder why." She rolled her eyes.

Ty Lee giggled at her remark, making her smirk. Zuko's mood almost lightened until he saw Mai glaring at him.

Ty Lee pointed at a portrait on the wall of two girls posing in yellow bathing suits.

"Who are these two?" She asked the two older ladies.

"Can't you tell? It's Lo and Li." They said in unison, getting into the same pose as the portrait.