46: The Gas

They had finally reached the end of the tunnel, all of them hungry and tired. In front of them was a blank wall of stone. Junko turned around to face his team.

"We have to find a way to break through. Without using Lightning. Does anyone have any ideas?"

"Let's just blast through it, the team is starving and our water is almost gone." Junko looked at Hiko as he spoke.

"I don't want to compromise the mission. They don't know we're even here, so if we can find a way to break out of this mountain. We will be able to escape without them ever knowing." He said with a scowl.

"But what's the point of them not knowing?"

"Hiko, if they found out we now know their HQ location they wouldn't hesitate to retaliate immediately." Junko turned around and faced the stone wall, touching it with his hands. Hiko sighed before walking to Junko's side.

"I think I can break through without causing a racket." He touched the wall.

"Are you sure?"

"It's not too thick." Hiko produced a small flame and a small lightning bolt in each finger and combined it, making Junko surprised.

"What is that?" He stared at the hot, white pulsating, column of energy.

"It's plasma. I invented it." He separated his fingers, the plasma following his right fingertips.

"Incredible!" Junko muttered as Hiko penetrated the wall.

"It's a little thicker than I expected." Hiko focused, even more, making the plasma bigger. More people were now taking notice of what Hiko was doing. Soon, the whole team was behind him, staring at what he was doing.

At last, he cut a giant hole in the wall, edges of it still red with heat. Sweating, he lay back on the ground. Yuri sat beside him and looked down.

"Are you alright?" She asked concerned.

"Yes. It just took a lot out of me."

Junko punched the wall, making it fly off. Sunlight entered the hole, as the team all ran out of the mountain.

"Great job nephew. Let's get out of here." He held out his hand which Hiko took. Junko pulled up Hiko before patting his back. But as they approached the opening, it closed up. They turned around to see at least 10 soldiers, squaring them up. Junko pulled Hiko to his back.

"Get back!" Junko shouted as he went in front of Hiko.

The soldiers each threw huge boulders at them. Junko extended his fingers, one straight line of Lightning coming out of it. But as it continued, the Lightning separated into ten branches, each of them hitting the boulders. Hiko was amazed but worried. Junko wouldn't be able to hold them off for long. After that, the Earth below them bound their feet. Then the soldiers raised their arms, a huge wall separated them from the three.

"What is this?!" Hiko shouted.

Holes on the sides of the wall opened, green gas coming out of it. Soon, the three of them were all unconscious on the floor, having inhaled the gas.