I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Psychic Ruth.

“Jared I think about it, it’s worth a shot.” I almost pleaded. He still had a calm look on his face, but his tone of voice was speaking to me like I was a child. The patronising prick.

“Leah, there is no way I'm reducing myself to going to see a psychic.” He said psychic like it was a swear word. I sighed in frustration at his stubbornness, and apparated out of the car and to the driver’s side. I flung open the car door with my mind.

“Jared, stop being a child and get out.” I demanded. He just sat in his seat with his arms crossed, not following my instruction.

“I am not going in there Leah.” he said, firmly. He sounded like a child refusing to follow their parent’s instruction and having a strop. I rolled my eyes, growing seriously pissed at his lack of co-operation.

“I would go in on my own but I’m sort of dead and invisible, so I'm going to ask you one last time, get out of the car and come inside.” I ordered. He turned his head to me, and smirked.

“Or what?” he challenged. I grinned devilishly, and I immediately saw the panic in his eyes as he saw my expression. He knew me too well. The car suddenly jerked forward, almost sending him through the windshield. He screamed.

“So, would you rather stay in that car, or come inside with me?” I asked again with fake innocence.

“Fuck you and your mind power shit!” he almost yelled at me, climbing out of the car and slamming the door shut. I gave a triumphant smile. As we walked towards the caravan/shed thing, I could hear him mumbling bad words under his breath.

We were stood outside now. Jared unwillingly knocked on the door.

“I swear if she gets out a crystal ball, I'm leaving.” He informed me.

“If she gets out a crystal ball I have the perfect place to insert it. You might not like it though.” I told him. He scowled at me, and turned his head to the door. I could see the corners of his mouth tug upwards though.

The door opened, and stood before us was a pretty, smiling woman. She must have been in her mid 30’s, with dark brown hair. She looked nice enough. I don’t see a patterned scarf around her head, so not quite the psychic cliché.

“Hello?” she smiled at Jared. So she couldn’t see me?

Jared didn’t say anything and just stared at her like she was a freak. I cleared my throat, trying to give him the hint to not be so rude and reply. He rolled his eyes.

“Alright?” he asked finally.

“Yes thank you. Please, come in.” She said, moving out of the way. We walked into the room, and as I looked around I was quite surprised. I didn’t see any weird looking charms or symbols, or a small table in the middle of the room with a crystal ball. Not my idea of a psychic’s home at all.

I suddenly realised I was being just as prejudice as Jared. I cursed myself.

Me and Jared stood by the door, and she walked over and sat on the sofa in the middle of the room, I suppose waiting for Jared to join her on the sofa opposite where she was sat so they could talk, or séance or whatever the hell their meant to do. Jared however didn’t move, and just stood by the door.