4

Percy Jackson won't stop talking.

At first it wasn't bad. Chiron told me that I didn't have to get back into the routine of camp until next week, which was nice, so I sat off to the side watching Annabeth battle her siblings. I didn't want to watch her fight, but it was better than sitting in the infirmary again.

We start talking about his mom, who is very excited to see me again. She even promised to attempt to make a traditional Italian dish for me. Along with some blue cookies. No surprise.

"Yes, that's my girl!" Percy shouts as Annabeth kicks her brother to the ground. She backs up a good distance away from him before she looks up at Percy and smiles at him. After that, she smugly asks her siblings for the next person to fight her. "Anyways," Percy continues, "I know you've also met my step-dad, or at least seen him, but he's pretty cool. I went over to see them the other day and I think my Mom is pregnant! At least, that is what Piper and Annabeth keep telling me after I told them about my Mom's wellbeing, but I don't believe them entirely."

"A lonely married couple with their only child away at camp fighting monsters? They are definitely trying for a child, Jackson." I tell him, but he is obviously in denial. He probably doesn't want to think of his parents like that either, which I can't blame him.

Percy changes the topic right away, bringing up he recently conversation with Hazel and Frank. The two Romans talk to Percy about sending some campers over there for their exchange program, and visiting them in general. It might have only been a week, but they already miss all of us.

"You didn't tell Hazel about my stay at the infirmary, did you?

A smirk appears on his face. "She really wanted to talk to you, but I told her you were busy."

At lunch time, Chiron releases the teams for the last game of capture the flag of the summer. I'm very surprised to see my cabin on the list, after all, Will has given Chiron my doctor's note to get out of pretty much anything here at camp.

I didn't get a lot of time to think about this new information. Will is marching up behind me with a tight look on his face. "Listen here, di Angelo," he grabs a fist full of my jacket, pulling me close to his face. "If I see you shadow traveling or using your Underworld magic during capture the flag, I will not hesitate to drag you into the infirmary for another week."

My face must be burning being inches away from his face. I throw myself onto the ground after he is done threatening me, baring my teeth at him. "You don't think I know that, Solace. You Stronzo."

"I'm only saying this because I worry about you doing stupid things," Will says, running a hand through his hair. "My Gods, I'm sorry, I seriously don't get much sleep when I take so many nightshifts throughout the week."

"Yeah, I can tell."

This time, he runs two hands through his hair. "I'm going to go take a nap before dinner." Will turns away, walking right towards his cabin and disappearing inside.

That was weird, very weird. This is the first time he's flipped out on me, and I didn't even do anything bad this time. At least, I don't think I did anything bad. Jason and Percy even seem confused when I tell them what happened during lunch, but Piper and Annabeth were giggling and whispering the entire time.

It didn't last long though. After we got done eating lunch, I am basically fifth wheeling the group. Piper and Jason are cuddling. Annabeth and Percy are trying to be sneaky and not kiss with me sitting there, but it isn't working. I watch campers around me chase the Stoll brothers, make some sort of craft, and shoot arrows at the archery range. I'm doing anything and everything to not look at the people in around me.