17: I Can Be Your Hero Baby... I Can Kiss Away The Pain

"I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away."
~ Enrique Iglesias

"~ Enrique Iglesias

3rd Person's POV

Mila stands frantically knocking on the door hoping someone answers. She freezes when she hears the lock click and the door slowly open.

"Oh hello Mila. How are you sweetheart?"

Mila thinks back to the last time she saw May. That was back when Peter ditched her and she came to drop off his food. May had sat with her while she cried her eyes out then gave her a big hug and talked to her about how Peter really did care about her and was just not himself lately.

Shaking her head she wakes up from her daydreaming, "I'm good Aunt May I j-just um is Peter here?"

May smiles, "Yes for once he is. Go on up."

Mila smiles and nods, "Thanks."

Mila quickly makes her way up the stairs and to Peter's door. She takes a deep breath then knocks.

"Come in."

Opening the door slowly, Mila notices how messy Peter's room had gotten. He had papers literally everywhere. The room looked a mess. Even worse he looked a mess.

Mila stares at Peter through the mirror his back is to her. He had bruises on his arms and a few scratches on his face.

"Aunt May I already told you, Mila can't come over for dinner..."

Peter turns in his chair and freezes staring at Mila with wide eyes.

Mila smiles sheepishly, "Um hi..."

Peter quickly tosses a shirt over his computer. Ever since the two had stopped talking, he missed her more than he believed was possible. So being his nerdy self he decided it was a good idea to put his favorite picture of the two up as his screensaver.

Mila frowns looking at him confusion as he nervously ruffles his hair. Why the heck is he so fidgety?

"Um what are- what are y-you doing here Mila?"

"I'll make this quick don't worry. Peter, I think Dr Connors is doing something bad."

Peter frowns and stands up, "What?"

Mila sighs and cracks her knuckles, "Peter whatever it is you're helping him with at Oscorp. It's something really bad. I don't know how to explain it. But I overheard him talking to that guy we ran into with the folder with the symbols and they were talking about Norman Osborne and about cross species genetics and human trials-"

"Hold on hold on... how do you know that? How did you overhear?"

Mila shrugs, "I kind of may possibly be an intern..."