Chapter 8

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

Nijah had just walked in the gym for the basketball game. The bleachers were packed but not as packed as they were during the pep rally. She let the lady put the wrist band on her wrist before finding a spot on the bleachers. She sat down and pulled her phone out.

Sekani🏀🤍
Today 6:30

Im here, yall started?

wya?

The bleachers on the home side.

Im coming.

I- okay.

Nijah locked her phone and looked up and the court which consisted of people already playing. She grew confused not seeing Sekani playing. She just knew he didn't have her come to a basketball game and he wasn't playing.

Sekani seen Nijah and he went over and sat next to her and she turned to him and frowned.

"Why you not playing?" She asked.

"This jv my game next." He said and she nodded.

"i coulda still been sleep right now." Nijah frowned.

"Shutup, all yo ass do anyway you could put my ankle brace on fa me?" He asked innocently.

"Sekani- come on." She sighed and he lifted his leg on her lap and reached her his ankle brace. "You lucky I don't like saying no." She muttered.

"Why youn like ta say no?" He asked.

"Cause when I want something from somebody they can't tell me no. They can't ever say i never did nothing for them." She shrugged.

"Tuh, ima still yo ass no." Sekani shrugged.

"No, cause eventually your gonna feel bad and really think darn she never told me no then you gone give in." She shrugged pushing his leg off of her.

"Hmm da other one." He said putting his other leg on her.

"You getting too comfortable." Nijah frowned.

"Shut the fuck up." He said playfully.

"You ever think geesh i curse too much."

"Nope, not at all." He shrugged causing Nijah to shake her head. Once she was done she pushed his leg off her and got on her phone.

Vince.

you here?

yeah.

wya?

home side.
read 6:40 pm.

"Your family coming?" Nijah asked. She really adored the family they were so cute to her.

"Yeah, dea they go right thea." He nodded.

"It sure is alotta them." She said looking over at all the people that came with.

"It's my first game, well really me and Mj first game of da season so everybody gone come out ta support." He shrugged looking over at the court and started watching Mj play.