Chapter 9

Well dear Silent readers. Do vote and comment,
apni masoom si author ka dil hi rak liya karain:')

Zaman stepped down his black and sleek car, his cigarettes didn't help with the cold. It was one of the chilliest nights of December. He just hoped she was fine enough to not scream when she sees him.

Doctors had told him further that Nimra was afraid of every male figure around her in the hospital so lady doctors and nurses were taking care of her. She was given special care because they considered it an honour to treat that child saved by none but the grandson of the great leader, Zaman Khan, who made this hospital in his era. It was one of the biggest hospitals in Peshawar.

When second son of Khalil Khan was born, the little baby's grandfather, Zaman Khan, named him his name whereas his grandmother wanted to name her beautiful grandson Yousaf. So coming to a conclusion, Khalil Khan named his son in between. Yousaf Zaman. But with the passage of time, everyone started to call him from his second name even though his actual name was Yousaf.

He stood before the giant building of the hospital. Zaman was chewing fresh-up bubble because the whole ride he had been smoking. He went in, nodding at the gaurd. Zaman rang the doctor and asked him about the room in which they were keeping that little soul.

On the second floor, doctor Abdul Rehman met him. He ushered him to the Nimra's room. It was a well cleaned white painted room which had a door that led to washroom. He noticed she had oxygen mask on. An IV drip was attached to her left arm to provide required nutrients to her body because she had been fainted for hours and ever since after waking up, she hadn't eaten anything.

Doctor Abdul Rehman nodded at him and went out, slowing closing the door. Zaman stood still for many minutes, glued to the ground. His stern gaze on Nimra as he walked closer. He placed his hand over her temple to see her temperature, his gaze never leaving the scars on her wrist. It seemed as if these rapists had tied her with ropes.

Mustering up his fleeing courage, he started with whatever came in his mind. "Hey Nimra." He first greeted her in a friendly manner even though she was sleeping under the effect of medicines. "I know you aren't listening but your mind is awake. I am Zaman. You can call me Uncle Zaman. Ok."

He stopped to find suitable words because his mind was constantly loosing its track due to marks on her exposed skin. "Whoever did this will surely burn in hell in afterlife. And i will turn this dunya for them, with the help of Allah, into a pit of jahanum as well. They will rot in clinks till the last breath of their lives. InSha'Allah. Whoever these assholes were, are going to suffer in a most appalling way."

He patted her head. His heart was swelled with sadness and at the same time it burned with fire of taking revenge on her behalf. His hands were aching to break someone's jaw. It wasn't about the price they were going to pay, it was about removing these wolves from the city of flowers.

***

Zaman sat in the office of doctor Abdul Rehman, Bazil was a DSP officer and he was present there. Bazil was Zaman's best friend and three of them were present there to discuss Nimra.

"She is a strong girl and is making a comeback very finely." Abdul Rehman spoke, placing the cup of tea down.

"What do you got, Bazil?" Zaman asked him.

"They are not what we were expecting them to be. They aren't Azain people. In fact Azain has nothing to do with all of this. I have dug in very deep and through my investigations i have figured out that these were only folks and are very poor."