18. NEW GUEST

18. NEW GUEST

"IT'S OFFICIAL, IMMA STOP drinking," Are the first words that leave Aliyah's mouth when she wakes up, an annoying crick in her neck and a pounding headache amplifying when she opens her eyes

She'd fallen asleep on the floor, her cheek flat against the rug and her arms bent under her chest.

Somehow Toni ended up on the couch, resting comfortably, despite the loud snores that leave her mouth. Aliyah extends her arms in front of her, stretching them as much as possible before she flings her hand onto Toni's face.

She wakes up with a start and a snort, her head shooting up as she chokes on a snore. Toni coughs drily as she reaches her hand over the edge of the couch, hitting the back of Aliyah's head in return.

"Bitch," Toni whispers, hoarsely as she stands with a groan, "What time is it?"

Aliyah grumbles before pushing herself to sit up. She scans the room for her phone, finally spotting it on the edge of the coffee table.

She grabs it to check the time only for her eyes to widen at the four notifications she'd received the night before.

"Yo," Toni hisses, capturing Aliyah's attention, "What time is it?"

Clearing her throat the woman answers, "Six minutes to eleven."

"Alright, I'm gonna go shower," Toni tell her, grabbing her overnight bag from its spot by the door.

Aliyah watches as her friend walks away before calling Elijah. It's not that she was hiding anything, it's just that the last time Toni was around her phone, she apparently said some things.

Two rings later and the familiar silky voice that belongs to Elijah floats through the phone, "Good morning, Lee."

Aliyah hisses and pulls the phone away, slightly, her hangover making everything sound amplified, "Too loud," She pauses to release a sigh, "I think I had too much to drink last night."

"Ya think?" Elijah teases, sarcastically, "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," Aliyah runs her hand down her face, "What did Toni say last night? And who the hell is Charmaine?"