20: Why Do I Keep Running From The Truth... All I Ever Think About Is You

"Give me one good honest kiss,
And I'll be alright."
~ Mitski

"~ Mitski

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Time had gone by. Almost another week. Peter was still onto Conners trying to stop him. Gwen and Peter were doing okay. They both weren't as happy as they were in the start of their relationship and she had no idea why.

Peter sits across from Gwen as they play a card game on her bed. She peeks a glance at him and frowns.

"So what's with you and my sister..."

Peter's heart skips a beat. Did Gwen know that Peter was thinking about Mila?

For the past week he had been contemplating his whole life. Between being with Gwen and being with Mila. He always had liked Mila until she went out with Flash in 8th grade and that's when Peter knew it was over. Then he saw Gwen... she was just as beautiful but also she was right up his alley. Mila was nowhere near. She was so different than him but that's why they were best friends. That's why Peter believed he would never have a chance with someone like Mila.

He missed hanging out with her as himself. Over the past few weeks he had been seeing her as Spider-Man but lately she started avoiding him too. He couldn't help but feel hurt and confused.

"Peter!"

Peter shakes his head to wake from his inner dialogue. He gives Gwen an innocent look as she sighs.

"What's going on Peter?"

"What do you mean?"

Gwen shrugs with a sad smile, "You've been weird Peter. You don't talk to me anymore. You haven't even kissed me in a week. Then not only are you being weird but my sister is a freaking zombie. She just sits around and doesn't talk to anyone. Thankfully her friends finally got her to go out. There's something going on... something wrong with you both. What is it?"

"I don't know." Peter tosses the cards on her bed before standing up and walking over to her window.

Gwen frowns and puts her cards down as well before standing beside him. She holds onto his arm and lays her head on him. Peter sighs inwardly before moving out of her grasp and sitting in the edge of her bed.