➳ 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jungkook froze once closing the gate of his house and didn't move for a few minutes as he stared at the black Nissan parked across the street. He knew whose it belonged to and what the person inside wanted. 

Somehow he built the courage to take the first steps and cross the street. When he approached the car, he pulled the door handle. Of course it was already open for him.

Jungkook avoided eye contact. "Say it fast, 'cause I'm late."

"And since when you became so responsible with schedules?" the soft and calm voice asked. 

"Since today."

The man chuckled, and Jungkook had to cast him a look.

"I'm dead serious, hyung. I have an important class this morning, I can't be late, so hurry up."

"Alright, alright..." he showed both hands. "I heard from BamBam that you're refusing to sell in your school, it's that right?"

Jungkook made no effort to deny it or make excuses. "Yeah, that's right. You know how dangerous it is to sell in places like this where cameras are around us everywhere."

"Cameras were never a problem for you."

"Hyung, do you have any idea how hard it was to be accepted there? I won't put my future at risk because of your customers."

"Our customers, Jungkook," Yoongi implied. "You're part of this business as much as I am. I might be your boss, but I don't see you only as a-"

"I'm part of it because I need the money, period," Jungkook cut him. "I understand you want me to replace you if anything happens, but I'm not going to spend the rest of my life living in fear."

"You see me living in fear?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow, and Junkook knew exactly what he was doing. "Do you see any of us living in fear? You should be the last one to feel like this."

"But I do," he replied, looking away. "I wake up every morning wondering if it's my last day with freedom..."

It was silent for a good minute until Yoongi let out and long a dramatic sigh.

 "Jungkook... You have your values, I get that. I have mine too, believe it or not. But unfortunately, luck doesn't happen for everyone, and we have to find our own ways to go and get it. I thought you accepted this fate, already." Yoongi waited, but the only thing Jungkook did was close his eyes. "You showed how talented you are, and that's the kind of person I need by my side."

"You have Namjoon for that," he answered coolly. "And BamBam is there too. They're more than capable of taking your place."

"Yes," Yoongi confirmed. "They are good. But not good as you," he took out a black bag from the backseat, giving it to him.  "Here."