prologue

The soon-to-be husband of Caroline Forbes suggested she take a day off and relax with her kids.

"Relax? Me, have you met me! Hi i'm Caroline Forbes, and i'm getting married in less then fourty-eight hours!" she spoke vibrantly.

"Oh my god Care, go! Me and Alaric got this. Have a nice day with the little gremlins. Take them on a walk, a picnic even?" The older Salvatore suggested with his arms moving around. Caroline rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Fine, fine." she spoke grabbing her jacket and car keys. Damon gave her a quick pat on the back and walked her to the kids play room.

Caroline called them over and told them that they were going on a little picnic and to get dressed.

The trio walked outside and Care buckled her twins in and made her way to Mystic Falls Preserve. They made their way into the forest and brought a cute little basket and a bag of extra clothes in case the girls spilled something on themselves.

They sat down in a small open field and Lizzie placed a blanket down on the grass. Josie grabbed the basket from her mom's hand and placed it down onto the blanket.

"Mommy what are we eating?" Josie asked in a soft voice. Lizzie nodding at the older woman and a grin plastered on her face.

"Well I asked Uncle Damon to bake some cookies-" the girls grinned at her as she continued, "And we have some pb&j's or regular ham and cheese sandwiches! I also brought you two cuties Apple juice and Orange juice!" she had a few juices placed on the blanket.

"Can I have a cheese sandwhich!" Lizzie stared up at her mother. Caroline shook her head and laughed and proceeded to say 'yes'.

Josie was gonna ask but something else caught her eye. Fur. Fur?

Her brown doe eyes widening in fear. She shook her mothers arm and pointed to the moving fur coat. The blonde turned around standing up and her eyes widening.

Caroline stood protectively infront of her girls. Making a mental note to curse and yell at Damon later.

The reddish-brown wolves eyes flashed a bright-yet faded-red. The wolf sensed a presence but was walking around them. This startled Lizzie and she mistakenly went to pet it.

She thought it was a small dog so she did. The wolf halted and turned around to face her. Caroline quickly grabbed her daughter and held her in her arms. Josie standing behind her legs.

The wolf making no intention that it was going to hurt the trio. Josie did something so unexpected and stupid at the same time. She pet it. It didn't pull away or growl. Instead it was trying to look at the small girl. Trying to figure out where she was.

Lizzie wiggled herself out of Caroline's arms. Something popped into Care's mind. The Wolf flashed its syes at her. Meaning it wasn't a wolf but a werewolf. She held her girls hands and asked them to siphon her.

"I want you to try and make this pup a human again!" She spoke with enthusiasm. Sure it was a dumb plan but Caroline wanted to help. She wasn't sure if it would work but she tried.

Bonnie had shown a spell to the girls about turning a werewolf back into it's human form. It wasn't a difficult spell at all.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Salve Sorce Das. Phasmatos Eliximo Nominum, Etrinox Sorce Sotero Callux Oxtara." the two five year olds spoke as their hands were facing the white werewolf.

The spell worked. The reddish-brown wolf turned into a young girl. She layed on the ground as her talons turned into nails. She hugged her now cold body and shook as she was freezing.

Caroline grabbed the bag with clothes and grabbed her some underwear and clothes. The poor girl struggled to get her shirt on. Josie helped the older child and managed to put her arm through the hole.

The dark redhead child felt her arm and face in awe. She was confused. It had been months since she'd been in human form and seen humans again.

"Do you know what your name is sweety?" Care questioned in a soft tone. The redhead smiled innocently at no one and spoke her voice rough and raspy.

"Eleanor."