seven

Artist Sincere DuBois

Heir smacked his lips as the "Mission Failed" came across the screen.

Andre laughed, looking up from his phone. "Nigga, you are ass."

"Man, shut the fuck up. Here." He shoved the controller towards Vinny who started the mission over.

It was about 5:00 or 6:00 on a Thursday, and I was chilling over Heir's house, like we had been doing damn near every week since I'd found out him and Evre was related.

I wasn't stalking her, I would just call it wanting be around her.

Lately though, she had been ducking and dodging a nigga, so I ain't know what the fuck was up with that. Heir said she was chilling with friends and would be back in a minute though, so I would see what the fuck was up then.

"I seen ya girl post her BM! So I hit her in the DM! All eyes yea, I see 'em! If dat's ya man, I hate to be him!"

"Period!"

His bad ass younger sisters sang from the family room.

Moments later, I heard laughing, that sounded just like Evre's ass. "Wait, lemme go tell them right quick." She said before she poked her head into the door. "Heir, Benji down 'ere waitin to get his hair cut." She said and Heir nodded, standing up.

If I really wanted to, I could have just fucked around and got my hair cut by Heir. The nigga wanted to own a barbershop one day and I really believed he could do that shit. I didn't know where he got it from, but he could cut hair like mothafucka.

Evre turned back to the phone. "When I go back out there ima get my momma to take me to come and visit 'chu. I miss you." I heard her say before the door closed.

I wanted to get up and ask who the fuck she was talking to, but decided against it as me, Andre, Vinny, and Heir got up to see the Benji nigga Evre spoke of.

We met down in one of Big Ro's big ass spare rooms, that he let Heir turn into his small shop. He had all the equipment and shit down there, with a small TV and big ass house speakers.

"Hm, hook my phone up for me." He said to Vinny, while me and Andre went and sat down on one of the leather couches.

"H, yo' sister here?" Benji asked him once he sat him down in the swivel chair and started fading his hair.

"Which one?" Heir asked, squinting his eyes and shit while he gave ol dude a line up.

"Evre." He said, and I looked up. Vinny looked at me like he was confused and I waved his ass off. If they wanted to, they could put two and two together later on. "She said she was gone come over so I could help her out wit some homework and she ain't text me back yet."

Heir shrugged. "She up there. Go see about 'er when I'm done."

Huffing, I stood up. If Evre had been ignoring me for damn near a month over this nigga it was gone be a problem. "Imma go use the bathroom." I dismissed myself, heading up the stairs to the second level of the house.

I walked down and hall, and listened outside of Evre's door, hearing her giggling and shit on the phone. "You really get on my fuckin' nerves. I musta been the best you ever had cause you keep bringin' that shit up." She said, and I walked into the room unannounced. She greeted with a nod and I did the same.