2: Watch out for bombs

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Leilani's POV.

They're twins.

Twins are the only people who will share the Alpha title of a pack. They are rare in the shifter world and what's strange is that they usually share mates. I wonder if they brought their mate with them, but as I listen, no one else is introduced. I'm glad I'm not down there with my huge sunglasses on like some kind of celebrity trying to hide from paps.

"Nice to meet you too! This is my husband, Alpha Hoku, and our son, Beta Akamai," I listen to my mum introduce the family, minus me. "As you know, our daughter, Leilani, was injured by a bomb left by the hunters, she's recovering in her room, I'm afraid you won't see much of her for a while," my mum explains, and I clench my fists in annoyance.

I want to be down there, meeting the pack. Instead, I'm hiding in my room because I'm too shallow to be seen like this.

"I'm so sorry, is she okay?" Alpha Jarren asks and my heart skips a beat that he's asking about me. I scold myself for being so pathetic, he was asking to be polite.

Chill Leilani.

"She's okay, her ribs have healed but she's still...blind. Her sight should return in the next few days," my dad answers and I grit my teeth.

Stupid bomb.

"Please, come inside," Mum ushers them in.

I shut the window as they all start entering the house. I sit on my bed and listen as they walk past my room, my parents showing them around the house and pointing out their rooms. I turn on the TV, knowing that I won't be able to hear their conversation now.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆✥⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

A couple of hours later, there's a knock on my door and my dad brings me dinner on a tray. "I figured you wouldn't want to eat downstairs with everyone else," he explains and squeezes my shoulder comfortingly.

"Thanks, Dad." I run my hands along the tray, mapping the plate in my head and finding the cutlery.

"I'll stay with you whilst you eat if you'd like," he offers.

"Could you fill me in on what I missed?" I ask and begin pushing my fork around the plate, feeling out the food. I stab at random and manage to pierce the pasta.

"Sure. We met in the office this afternoon. They're more than happy to help and we're going to go on a reconnaissance trip to try and find out where these hunters are hiding, and if they've left any more explosives about," he discloses. "The trouble is, we just don't know how many there are, or where their base is. We need more information."

"Sounds like a plan," I reply, my mouth full of pasta.

"We're heading out tomorrow morning, should be back by lunch time."

"Be safe, Dad," I tell him, not wanting what happened to me to happen to any of them, or worse. I was lucky really.

"Of course, kiddo." He ruffles my hair and I frown at him.

After I'm finished, my dad leaves, but I'm not alone for long. Damon comes in and lies down on my bed whilst we watch tv.

"So, what are they like?" I question him about the visiting pack as well. Not getting to see them and meet them is killing me.

"They're alright, I guess. They're quite bossy, but I suppose Alphas are. Alpha Jarren talks more than Alpha Dane. Dane doesn't say too much but he looks like he's always thinking. I would put money on it that he's the one that comes up with the strategies, all his ideas have been good so far," Damon tells me.