3: Obedience and defiance

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Leilani's POV.

Luckily, Alpha Dane does not snore. Annoyingly, I wake up at just past eight o'clock. Needing the toilet, I get up and try to open the door.

Locked. Again.

I listen intently and realise I can't hear a heartbeat. There's no one in there. I open my bedroom door, walk to the landing, and strain my ears to hear what is going on downstairs. Everyone is at the dining room table, assumedly eating breakfast. I can smell the faint scent of Alpha Dane.

That dickhead locked my door again and forgot to unlock it when he went back down.

I want a shower. Damn him.

I decide to risk it, I open his bedroom door and step inside. I'm immediately hit by his tantalising smell again. I hold my breath and fumble my way into the bathroom. I blindly grab all of my things, filling my arms with my toiletries. I step back into his bedroom, just as I hear the door open, and the scent of Alpha Dane reaches me.

Well, this is awkward.

I'm stood in his bedroom, in a t-shirt and pyjama shorts, my arms full of my stuff, with bed-hair and sunglasses. I'm almost glad that I can't see how terrible I look right now.

"I'm so sorry, I just wanted to grab my things. I'll move to another bathroom," I blurt out quickly as I slowly approach where I think the door is. It's silent for a moment. "Sorry, won't happen again," I mumble and take another cautious step forwards, I don't want to bump into him.

"What? You in my bedroom? Don't count on it," he jokes cockily.

If I could, I would glare at him. "Sorry," I mutter again.

I hear the door open wider, scraping against the carpet. "Keep walking straight ahead," his voice softens as he guides me.

"Thanks."

I reach out and grab the wall and step into the corridor. I make it safely back to my room, but I can feel his eyes on my back, watching to make sure I get there. I use one of the spare guest bathrooms to get ready for the day, dressing in leggings and a jumper.

I wait until everyone has gone out on the recon trip before heading downstairs to the library. I know I can't read the books, so I take my pencils and sketchpad to try drawing by memory.

The library is my favourite room.

It's nothing like the Beauty and the Beast one, but it's certainly impressive still. It's only one floor, but there's thousands of books lining the shelves and a window seat that calls my name.

I sink into the plush cushions and lean my side against the window. With my sunglasses and bandages on, I can't see anything, but I can feel the sun on my face through the glass. I pick up my sketchpad and pencils and begin drawing.

At first it's just doodles, flowers, and swirls. But soon I try drawing my wolf, focussing on her ears and then her nose. I don't hear anyone enter, but the scent of Alpha Dane reaches me, and I look up in surprise.

"Alpha Dane?" I call out and I hear him approach me.

"You knew it was me, well done," he praises me.

I feel the window seat dip as he takes a seat by my feet. My knees are bent and up against my chest.

"I recognised your scent," I reply. "How was the trip?"

"It was good. We got the information we were hoping for, now we'll put together a plan of attack and hopefully get rid of these hunters for good."

I like the sound of that.