healer

I wish to escape
My skin unscathed
Yet lock and chained.
Breathing why,
I wish to end.

The sounds of faint breathing can be heard in the lonely chamber. Almost too soft, and somewhat peaceful.

The only place that keeps the tranquillity remains and untouched from the bustling sounds of cars far outside from these thick walls. A perfect place which he can't escape.

From this world where everything starts to wilt and crumbles.

He stood before the cell, dull blue eyes matches with the occupant of that small room. Only his was brighter, livelier.

It doesn't make sense, for somebody like him trapped in this cell. To be exact, he himself is much more fit to be rot in there and not him. But look what path has lead him to?

It's intriguing.

"Um, hi?" the prisoner spoke, his voice were light, uncertain. 

There were no answers from the guard before him and despite of supposedly to feel the dread in this kind of situation, he felt the chilling need of helplessness. And for sure, it's not coming from himself.

"Can the world really be changed?"

He was taken aback. The guard stood there, looking at him like he could read him as whole, and this question isn't a question. It's a test for him.

Can it?

"Hesitation kills a man." The guard crouched down, their gaze is at the same level that he could finally make out the colour of the irises that hidden beneath the bill of his peaked cap. He can't help but wonder, is this the same man that captured him last time?

"Do you think you can change the world and its system?" he asked again, and this time without losing a single beat, he nods in determination.

He had vowed to put an end to this totalitarian control. Failing is not an option.

The guard pulled off his gloved hand, covered in ice. Grasping the bars which immediately frosted the whole cell. He jumped onto his bed, the only hope to keep him unfroze. A small smirk crafted on his stoic look as he witnessing that small reaction.

"Make sure not to make too much noise when you escape."

"Why are you helping me? Aren't you with the government?"

A snort escaped and he turn his heels, heading towards the exit. "You wish to save this world, then at least act like it."

i wish to escape
my skin unscathed
yet lock and chained.
breathing why,
i wish to end.

"Everything crumbling to pieces... you think, will it be us next?" Ice asked to the young boy beside him, his friend.

The bubbly boy grinned, despite the fact they just kicked out from the orphanage for the sake of the government orders, and every child around them getting antsy for they have no place to live, his smile unwavered. As if its just another day to him.

It irked him somehow.

"Stop grinning, Taufan. Do you realised we just lost our home?"

"Do we?" he turned to him, blinking.

"Home is where you feel the most you belonged to. It doesn't have to be a place, it could be a person too."

"I want to create a world where people feel they belonged into." He muttered.

"Ridiculous." Ice turn to look at him fully. But he knew from that look, what he just said is not a meaningless desire but an ambition.

And Taufan won't take 'no' as an answer.

He sighed, rolling his eyes. He thought it was unrealistic. How, a mere lowlife like them can change the world? They don't have the power, heck even their parents chose to not acknowledge them. So how?

How can one be sure to do that?

"Ice?"

"Do as you please," he turned his heels, heading for a new possible place for him to sleep his thoughts away. "If anything, I have your back."

"...it doesn't have to be a place, it could be a person too."

His ungloved hand traced the walls, leaving a path of ice slowly crawling and covering it. A small smile created on his lips.

One have to protect their home, right?

"Making the right path of choice. You better not disappoint me, Taufan."

explanation:

Taufan and Ice are childhood friends. Back then, the orphanage they live in have to be ruined down due to government orders. This gave the thought from Ice "Everything crumbling to pieces, will us be next?"

Having a realist, pessimistic point view of life, Ice can't grasp the belief of a world changing. Its like everything is set up on stone and rules are the rules that must be followed.

But its opposite in Taufan case, he choose to bring an end to this dystopian life, thus changing the place to somewhere people feel thay can belong in.

Soon in the future, they met again, but this time Ice is the warden-police that work under government and caught rebels and fate has bring him to meet Taufan once again.

His thoughts grew from the young him who thought the world can't be changed, to a more hopeful way, giving a chance to believe such thing might be able to happen,

that it could be possible.

pretty much, I think you can caught up what happen the rest.

lol, is this even a "healer" chapter? I don't know, but to describe that term is a bit hard, maybe subjective cause some things cannot be described and you are left to feel it instead. Well, this is my point of view after all. thank you for reading.

 thank you for reading