Chapter 25

He placed her on the bed.

Heavily concerned and worried he watched as Naan walked around him and ordered everyone to leave. Not moving he gave a dangerous glare when he looked at Haroun pulling on his arm to follow him out.

Alone now with Naan and Brienna he watched Naan remove her clothes.

She was sponged off and cleaned up. With relief he sat beside her, there were no signs of injury to her body. Calmed now that she was well he stood giving her one last glance before storming out to find the guards that were with them. He needed to know what happened.

He walked down the stairs and entered the greathall where he saw Haroun speaking to the men. As they saw him enter the stood. All with concerned glances on their faces waited for him.

"How does Lady Brienna fair, M'lord?" Kevin stepped forward and asked.

With a grim look he answered.

"She has not awakened yet,"

He met their concerned gazes.

"What happened? " he asked.

They looked at one another then waited for Kevin to speak up.

He cleared his throat and began.

Gavin stood and listened to his guard give account to what happened. His ears were surely deceiving him.

"It was like nothing we have ever seen, milord," Kevin breathed turning to look at the men behind him who nodded and agreed.

They spoke with pride of her courageous act and how she fought back.

It angered him that he wasnt there to protect her.

At the same time he felt proud of her for what she did. He always knew her to be brave but not to this extent.

" I thank all of you for protecting them all and I am grateful none of you were harmed," he nodded.

With that said they thanked him as well and returned to the courtyard with assurance that she will be ok. He slowly walked back up the stairs in time to see Naan walking towards him.

"How does she fare," he asked.

Naan calmed his worried gaze and pat his extended arm that held hers.

"She is fine, twas the fright that got the best of her," she smiled.

"Go to her, she is awake," Naan said.

With a nod, Gavin walked off towards his chamber. He stopped at the door and slowly opened it. He looked inside the room and noticed her sitting on the bed. Their eyes met and his breath escaped him. It always amazed him how when he looked at her, she caused havoc with his heart. Self control saved him from running to her and hugging the dear life out of her. He watched as she stood slowly from the bed and met him halfway. Silently they stared at one another.

She feared he would be angry with her in some way because she insisted on going to the village.

But his eyes held a look she had difficulty determining what he felt.

His eyes twinkled and roamed every inch of her face. Her heart quickened when his eyes landed on her lips, then his lips followed softly and claimed hers. It was his most delicate and sensual kiss yet. He gently pulled her close and looked into her eyes.

"I hear you took down three men all on your own," he spoke softly.

She held his gaze.

"Are you angry, milord," her voice was soft and held a sad tone.