- twenty : calls

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

makoto | now
are you okay?

kei | now 
yes. why wouldn't i be?

makoto | now
you left so quickly earlier ('~') i was wondering if you were feeling sick or something

Tsukishima scoffed after her message, recalling what made him leave so quickly in the first place.

"Makoto!" The Takahano males shouted as they waved her down, standing beside the school gates. "C'mon!"

She excused herself, rushing off to meet up with the males who informed that they'd be staying at her house for the duration of their stay. Her mother was already okay with it, but Makoto wasn't too sure about twelve additions being in her small home.

"Geez, Kichiro, you're so greedy~" Takumi said as he frowned. "Makoto's not your girlfriend, so let me touch her too."

Kichiro held onto Makoto's waist, shaking his head. "No, she's not yours either."

"Dude, just put me down."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes at the exchange between Makoto, Takumi and Kichiro. So troublesome.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, he walked off without even letting Yamaguchi know about it.

Makoto managed to noticed, spotting the blond who walked away with his headphones on. She frowned slightly, wondering if he was okay.

The blond laid in bed with his phone on his chest. The casual vibration would alert him of a new text from the female who wasn't so sure that he was okay, despite him telling her he was fine.

Taking off his glasses for a moment, he dragged a hand down his face and stared up at the blurry ceiling. His mind was muddled with thoughts and images, a large amount of them being of Makoto.

His mind drifted back to the match earlier. The way she moved and played was complicated. Even for a smart guy like himself, he couldn't seem to catch onto what she was thinking or what she'd do. Since the team was all so close in the friendship aspect, they were an intricate bunch that confused Tsukishima and all of Karasuno.

The one win Karasuno got was mostly bullshit since one of the Takahano boys was having an off day and kept spiking the ball out of bounds. Of course, no one judged him for it since he picked himself off the floor after that match.

Images of Makoto grinning so brightly as she was tackled in a hug by her teammates, engulfing her in a sweaty embrace after their final win, flashed through his mind. His eyebrows furrowed with annoyance as he turned on his side, grabbing the phone the was about to fall.

Showing up with no warning, his screen displayed a call from Makoto. Before he could even process the call, he had already accidentally answered. Shit.

"Hello?" He answered awkwardly, speaking quietly since his family had already fallen asleep.

There was a sigh of relief followed by a small squeak. "Takumi, leave me the fuck alone!" Makoto whispered-shouted as a loud smack sounded and a groan that grew distant as she exited the room.

"Sorry, I'm hiding in my room now." Makoto said as she threw herself on her bed, feeling her heart begin to race. I'm really on the phone with Kei. I'm shocked he even answered ()

"What do you want?" Tsukishima asked quietly, sighing as he listened to her soft breathing. This feels weird.

Makoto hummed softly, "You weren't texting back, so Shōyō suggested I just call you." She explained with a small chuckle. "Didn't expect you to answer on the first ring."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes with a small, flustered scoff. "Don't think you're special or anything. I accidentally answered." Despite the annoyance in his voice, Makoto could pretty much see the small amused smile that sat on his lips.

"Yeah, yeah." She chuckled, rolling her eyes at his comment. "It's like hell over here. I can't even go to the bathroom without running into someone."

Tsukishima snickered, "That's what you get for bringing a whole volleyball team into your house. Sucks to be you."

"It'd be much calmer if it was Karasuno. Half of you guys have some sense." Makoto sadi as a loud crash came from the living room. "My mom decided to take Natsu and stay at a friends house with for a few nights, so everyone's been going a little crazy."

"Yikes." Tsukishima muttered as he heard another crash. He audibly chuckled when he hard Makoto scream at them to 'shut the fuck up and sit down.'

"Are you still coming tomorrow?" Makoto asked as she stirred around in bed, trying to sit in a comfortable position.

"What's tomorrow?" Tsukishima asked bluntly, eliciting a small gasp out of the female on the other side of the phone.

"We all talked about this earlier." She scoffed playfully. "We're going to a family restaurant. All of Karasuno's going too."

The blond pursed his lips, staring up at the blurry ceiling. "Ehh, those aren't really my scene, so no." He stated bluntly.

"Ehhhh?? But you gotta come tomorrow." Makoto murmured, trying to hold back the disappointment of hearing that he wouldn't go. "It won't be fun without you talking shit about everything."

"Nice to know I'm only good for entertainment purposes. What am I, a clown?" Tsukishima muttered flatly, snickering slightly when Makoto failed to come up with any response.

"You better come tomorrow, Kei." Makoto said as she smiled to herself after hearing his laugh. It sounded sweet like honey, sending shivers down her body. "If not, I'm gonna go to your house and complain to your mother."

"Tch, try that and I'll get a restraining order on you." He sniggered, also eliciting a laugh out of the female.

"I just-" Makoto paused when her door was knocked on. "Hold on, someone's knocking. I'm gonna check. Don't hang up yet."

Placing her phone in her pocket, she walked over tot he door and opened it. Her eyebrows slightly rose when she saw Kichiro standing there.

"Kichiro, what's up?"

Tsukishima listened to the conversation, feeling slightly uneasy by what was being said. This guy again?

After a bit of small talk, the call went silent before Kichiro spoke up again.

"Makoto, I'm still in love with you."