Chapter 3

Arya's PoV~

After the attack, I headed towards the Wave Rock Pack as quickly as possible.

The leaders of that Pack, Alpha Tate and Luna Madeline were laid back and never had that many wolves on patrol. I figured going there would be the best place right now.

The supplied I collected will last me at least a few weeks. But winter was approaching and it was going to become harder to collect supplies. I'll have to drag out my food supply but that will also cost me my energy.

Without energy, my wolf will have a lot of trouble shifting. And I needed to shift to sleep when it starts to get colder.

I've run into a few friendly rogues on my way down here and all of them warned me. Apparently, all packs had increased their security after my attack.

And I have become wanted. The girl I attacked got a good look at my face and now, the packs know my description.

I was worried but I try not to think about it. I just needed to bounce around and not stay in one place for too long.

But it was dark and I needed to find a safe place to rest for the night. Since the weather wasn't too cold just yet, I decided I wanted to sleep in my human form to save energy.

I looked for a nice place to rest, looking for a place that was covered with bushes or trees. And I found that relatively quickly.

I took over my jacket, hoping to use it as a blanket, but when I turned it over, I noticed a large hole in the back.

I tried to think back to when it could've happened but drew a blank. I could only hope that it wasn't found by any pack. My scent was all over it.

I tried to ignore the burst of worry I was feeling but I pushed it aside. I need to sleep. No time for worrying.

Archer's PoV~

Do you think our mate will be short or tall?

I rolled my eyes at my wolf, Alexander's, question. He was distracting me from my work.

Every pack is wanting me to lead a hunt with them in the next week. But it takes at least 8 hours to travel to each pack. Plus, some alphas want to bring themselves and their warriors, which would only slow me down.

Alpha Darren has been an issue, so I'll be going to his pack first. Alpha Tate and Luna Madeline made it clear that they didn't want to cause more conflict within their pack, so I don't need to travel all the way down to their pack.

I'm not sure why Alpha Darren wants me to lead a hunt with the Blood Wood Pack. If the rogue had any brain cells, then she will get as far away from where she attacked as possible.

But my wolf has been distracting me with thoughts of our mate.

Bella and Joel stayed the night and this morning, they were feeding each other in the kitchen. I know they didn't mean to make me extremely jealous but they did. And now, I can't get my mate out of my mind.

"Is something wrong?"

I looked up at Bella, who was sitting on my desk. Joel was dealing with some warriors that he brought with him, so Bella decided to hang out with me.

"No. Alexander is being annoying." She laughed before walking away to my couch and laying down. I really enjoyed it when Joel and Bella visited. Bella is the only family I have and I don't like her being so far all the time.

I worked for a few more minutes before I heard a knock at the door. Bella went to get it for me.

The moment she opened the door, I smelled Blood Wood.

"King Archer, I have the cloth from the rogue." The Delta from Blood Wood was standing there with a bag in his hand. In the bag was a piece of red cloth.

"Set it on my desk, thank you." Then he was gone.

I looked down at the cloth but Bella picked it up before me.

"How powerful do you think she is?" I shrugged at her question; I didn't want to find out.

There hasn't been that many cursed wolves in history but all have been killed in a violent death. We do have blessed wolves though. In my pack alone, we have around ten blessed wolves. Eight are healers, wolves that can heal others, and two are storm-makers, wolves that can control certain aspects of the weather.

This rogue has been categorized as a cursed wolf due to her violent attack but I don't think we can call her that until one of the Alphas or Lunas have seen it up close.

"Can I open it?" Bella asked politely.

I nodded and began to walk around my desk to her.

The moment she opened the bag, the rogue's scent of cinnamon and apples filled the room.

My wolf started to go insane, his words clouding my thoughts, forcing me to shift instantly.

Mate!

My clothes ripped to shred as my body transformed into my black wolf. I couldn't stop a loud growl as the realization that the wanted rogue was my mate.

Another growl of want escaped as my wolf realized that we truly didn't have any clue where our mate was.

"B-Bubba?" I barely registered Bella's fear-filled whimper as her wolf submitted to me due to my growl.

She's my mate. I said through the bond. My mind was still in shock.

But that stock quickly transformed into anger when I remembered the hunts I needed to schedule. All the hunts to find and captured my mate. My mate.

I tried to calm my wolf down but he stood protectively over the red cloth, the only thing I have of my mate. We don't even know her name.

My office door suddenly burst open. Joel was in front of Bella within a second, growling at me in angry for scaring his mate.

My wolf saw Bella, and her wolf, as family and he would never hurt her. But Joel was still not happy about me being near her with my wolf on edge.

Joel wrapped an arm around her and slowly walked them out of my office, trying to get as far from my angry wolf as possible.

Bella had tears streaming down her face with her eyes filled with sadness.

I'm sorry. She said before leaving my sight.

My mate. My mate is all alone with a huge target on her back.

My wolf released a painful howl that shook the entire manor. I had to get to her before anyone else did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, it was so short, I'll try to make the chapter after this, a lot longer. Did you all enjoy?

Any predictions for how Arya and Archer meet? How do you think Arya will react when she founds out the King is her mate?

How have you been spending your quarantine? I basically read, write, and drink chai all day.

I'll try to update soon, but if you're bored, you could check out my other books. His Queen and Baby Cleve both aren't werewolf books but I still think they're pretty good, but I am a little bit bias.

-L👑😘💕