°Too late°

'Just pay attention for once' Kaycee screamed, muttering something incoherent under her breath.

'Me? Seriously? Just because I actually have a life and friends, doesn't mean I don't pay attention, Kaycee' the boy scoffed, pointing a finger to her face.

'That's not what I mean, and you know it. You've been growing lazy. Not dancing, just drinking' Kaycee argued, balling her fists and rolling her eyes.

'You left Sean for me. If anything, this is all your fault' Jake spat, licking his lips free from the foam of beer. And Kaycee knew he was right. She had left Sean for Jake, for love rather than friendship. But was it really love? Is it love if it's only one way? Is it love if only one tries hard? Of course, it isn't. But Kaycee was too stubborn to admit her mistakes, and too embarrassed to run back to Sean. But this, this changed everything.

'If you can't deal with me. Then, just leave' Jake said, voice slurred with alcohol.

'I will. Watch me' Kaycee cautioned, picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. 'I'm done with this. With us'. She briskly walked out of his garage, a part of her hoping that he wouldn't let her leave but he didn't say a word, instead sipping on more alcohol and lighting a new cigarette.

She pulled open the car door, slamming it shut behind her before driving out of his driveway. She didn't know exactly where she was going, but she let her mind wander and relax in the midst of the chirping birds and green trees. And so she drove, and it was only when she pulled up at a familiar front porch that she began panicking.

'Shit' she mumbled, quickly starting the car and hoping to reverse out before anyone noticed.

'Kaycee?' A voice called, opening the front door.

Just great, Kaycee thought.

'Hey Sarah' she smiled awkwardly and fakely, rolling down the windows.

'Gosh, I haven't seen you in forever.' Sarah giggled, opening her car door without permission. 'Come here' she added, wrapping her arms around the brunette.

'We've missed you around here. Some more than others' she laughed, leaning onto Kaycee's car door and admiring how much older the girl looked. 'Are you here for Sean?'

'Uh-no. Well-no. I uh-um. I kinda just accidently drove here' she sighed. She was a stuttering mess.

'Well, why don't you come on in? I've just prepped lunch' she smiled warmly, gesturing for her to enter without any worries.

'I don't know-'

'Oh stop worrying. Come join us for lunch' she chortled, pulling the petite girl out of her car and into her family's home. And Kaycee did as she was told, not necessarily because she wanted to but more so because she felt embarrassed to reject her offer when she was the one that had driven all the way to their home.

'Kaycee? Oh my gosh, look how grown up you've gotten' Miya smiled, running up and embracing the smaller girl. 'How have you been?'

'I've been good' she lied, sitting down on a chair that was pulled out for her.

'Oh my goodness! Kaycee!' Serris shouted, running and hugging the younger girl. 'I haven't see you in like forever'

Kaycee laughed awakwrdly, knowing Sean he probably never told anyone what actually happened to their partnership and friendship. He most likely shrugged off their questions to avoid having them hate Kaycee.

'We were just going to have lunch. Let me call Sean and Jazzy' Miya exclaimed, walking out into the garage.

Jazzy? Huh, so he found a new dance partner.