11- the puffs go puff

"some moments are nice, some are nicer, some are even worth writing about." 
― Charles Bukowski,

✵✵✵

James Potter was the human version of an ant possessed by a parasite that triggers it to kill itself. His obsession with quidditch was definitely unhealthy, creepy, and borderline dangerous. While the game against Hufflepuff wasn't to begin for another three hours, he had forced the whole team to assemble on the pitch at 7 in the morning.

"Guys, we can do this. I am sure. Hufflepuff may be good, but we are better.", the black-haired boy began his speech. "I need every single one of you to be the best version of yourselves. That means for you, Bartles, to catch every single bloody ball those Puffs throw in your direction", he instructed John, who was leaning on his broom. "Sirius, Prewett, you are to throw those damn bludgers around their ears until they bleed, understood!", James bellowed at the two beaters, them saluting him forcefully. "McKinnon, Fenwick. We are fast, we are at our highest level. We are going to throw those fucking quaffles so hard, they are going to fly until Alaska", the captain shouted at the two chasers, both having to hold in their laugh. "Sauveur. In the end, it is up to you. So, you better catch that nasty little bitch- I mean snitch as fast as humanly possible", James drilled Elaine, the small girl nodding in return, also trying her best to hold it together.

"And now, get into a group hug before I do something dumb", the marauder finished his little speech, only to nearly be thrown over by Sirius and Benjy who ran forward first, followed by the other members of the team.

"So... what are we going to do for the three hours that still remain until the game?"; Elaine asked carefully as the team stepped out from the embrace.

"We go get breakfast, obviously", James replied, seemingly confused at Elaine's question. "For three hours?", the girl asked Marlene inaudibly, the chaser only nodding as an answer. "This is a question of presentation and attitude!", James shouted, only realizing how loud his voice was when both Elaine and Marlene held their ears.

"Sorry", he mumbled, finally a bit quieter.

Even if Elaine thought the way the team got into formation to walk inside the Great hall was quite childish and overexaggerated, they got cheerfully received by the Gryffindors already having found their way to breakfast. Even some Ravenclaws were clad in Gryffindor colors, the house being divided in who to support. The Slytherins however were all making a show out of wearing yellow and screaming "Hufflepuff" in order to intimidate the Gryffindors.

As the seven Quidditch players all sat down in unison, Elaine whispered to John: "Not gonna lie, that did make me feel powerful"

"Cheers to that", Sirius exclaimed from opposite to her, raising his cup of coffee in the air. Elaine smiled in return; happy he was giving her attention again.

As she looked at the table filled with food, the girl couldn't help but feel slightly sick. On her left, Marlene was stuffing herself with an army of croissants, while John drizzled his daily ten bananas in honey. "Oi, McKinnon, leave some croissants for the rest of us, will you?", James cried from next to Sirius, attempting to steal one of the rolls for himself. Elaine shuddered at the way he pronounced the word, as it sounded more like 'quacksons'

"Prongs, would you say that again?", Sirius smirked, his friend turning to him confused. "What? Quackson?"

Again, Elaine shuddered.

"Yeah, exactly that. You say it quite nicely, I thin Savvy would agree", the Black went on, nearly breaking out into a laugh as Elaine spared him a murderous glance. "Really? How would you say Quackson, Ellie?", James asked Elaine interested. Said girl almost missed the way he abused the word, as her heart warmed at him using her nickname.