𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆.

I 03

I 03. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ apollo ❞

ARIADNE SHIVERED IN THE FALLING SNOW. A blanket of silence fell onto the ground and soundproofed their steps. Westover Hall was dark and quiet, she didn't know if they noticed that three students were missing or Dr. Thorn was as well, frankly, she didn't care.

The hunters didn't seem uncomfortable in the snowy weather, looking as if it was a common occurrence for them. They broke camp quickly and the large fire was gone, the girl longing for the heat.

Bianca was telling Nick about her decision to join the hunters, and the brunette felt sympathy for the siblings, knowing there would be a slight animosity between them. Artemis was gazing out east while she expected something, most likely Apollo.

She informed them that dawn would be arriving quickly, but it was colder than it had been that night. Ariadne's shoulder and thigh throbbed as the nectar and ambrosia wore off. Those bullet wounds stung.

Thalia and Grover joined the huddle Ariadne and Percy had formed, anxious to hear what Artemis has told them. Percy did most of the explaining, the brunette glancing over at the di Angelo siblings every now and then.

Grover paled. "The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well." He shivered as the brunette got nodded. It wasn't pretty. She was pretty sure she stabbed one of them but didn't remember that well, but she was not fond of some of the hunters.

"How'd they even show up here?" Percy wondered aloud. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

Thalia's lip curled in, "And Bianca joined them. It's all Zoe's fault. That stuck-up, no good—"

"Who can blame her?" Grover said. "Eternity with Artemis." A large sigh left his lips as the brunette shivered even more, shifting pressure towards her other leg as her thigh throbbed even more.

Thalia roles her eyes. "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But she's so... into nature," Grover swooned.

"You're nuts."

"Nuts and berries. Yeah."

Ariadne smiled slightly at the satyr before sighing, hands running up and down her arms as she looked towards the horizon which she could barely see. "Hey, Phoenix," she looked towards Thalia who had her arms crossed. "How's your leg?"

The girl glanced down at her pants, one of the ripped into shorts with a bandage covering her thigh. She shrugged. "I'll get over it."

Thalia nodded. Grover was still dreaming about nature before Percy watched her with worry, "Are you sure you're okay?"