When the Wolf Comes Out

A/N: Full steam ahead. Like really, if you're under 18, leave now. Although you really shouldn't be on this story in the first place.

It's my first time writing full smut. I've been working on the scene for 2 weeks to make sure it wasn't one of those cringe-worthy ones. 

Chapter title inspired by the song The Wolf by Spencer Lee Band

GIF: hermionesgranger on Tumblr.

Please vote if you like it!

ϟ

"Stop! That tickles!" 

The sound of her giggling sickened Remus. 

He saw Emma and Padfoot come into sight. She was carrying the black shaggy dog in her arms and it kept trying to lick her face. She held him away from her body and frowned.

"Behave," she said before putting him on the ground. She walked towards the tent and heard a whine come from the dog which she ignored and kept walking.

"You know you're not actually a dog, yes?" she remarked. "No matter how much you like act like one even when human," Remus heard her mutter as she passed him without a glance. 

This is how it had been for the last few weeks since he had kissed her. She had gone back to completely ignoring him. With a pensive look on his face, Remus returned to reading his book, although now distracted by her.

Distracted by Padfoot's scent on her clothes.

It's because she was holding him. As a dog, he told himself.

"Why is your head still buried in books?" Sirius came and sat next to him having transformed back. Remus didn't say anything and muttered a disgruntled Leave me alone. But his friend wasn't about to let the werewolf's mood bother him. He just grinned back instead.

"Jealous?" Remus could've sworn it sounded as if he was up to something. "What did you do Sirius? I'm tired," he rubbed his temples. He felt a headache coming on.

Not because he could smell her shampoo on his friend.

Certainly not.

"Forget it. I'm going to go collect some extra wood. We're almost out," he excused himself without waiting for a reply.

"Wait!" he heard her call from inside. "I need some dittany- if you see some could you grab a bunch?"

"I'm not your errand boy." He was annoyed. Their mixed scent was driving Moony crazy. He really wanted to claim her on the spot to show her who she belonged with. He couldn't get away from them fast enough. 

She narrowed her eyes. "Forget I asked." She shuffled back into the tent and exited a few moments later with her jacket on. He panicked. 

"Where do you think you're going?" he grabbed her upper arm stopping her. 

"I just told you," she gritted.

"What?!" they both shouted and turned to a snickering Sirius who just smirked in response. 

"Always lovely to see you bickering like a married couple," he said.

"Let's just get this over with," Remus hissed instead and took off towards their usual searching grounds. 

Emma followed warily. She knew full moons got him jumpy, but this was a little different.

The process was quick. It so happens that she found some dittany a few yards from a huge pile of dead branches on the forest floor. Their way back was spent with angry mumbles of how redundant her presence had been.