XVII.What I want to come home to

Time flew by fast. Agatha couldn't imagine her staying here in Texas for over four months now. Meaning, two months more until...

Agatha shook her head, erasing her train of thoughts though to tell you the truth, her dreading over the fortification decreases as time goes by.

Not that Agatha is eager to get on with it. It's just that, somehow, along the months that went, she has learned to trust Genesis with all her heart and soul.

Believing he wouldn't hurt her like...

"No, no, Genesis' different," she murmured, biting her inner cheek.

Despite times blowing fast, Agatha still couldn't sleep well at night. Every now and then, she would wake up, sweaty, grasping the sheets, wide-eyed, gasping for air.

In an instant, Genesis would hear her crying, and would always comfort her. "Hush, now, sweetheart, it's okay," were the words he kept on saying and saying. His hands smoothening her hair, his thumb brushing away his tears.

Lifting her head from his shoulder, her arms encircled around his neck, "I kept dreaming about it, Gen, please, make it go away," she said, sobbing.

Tucking her fiery hair behind her ear, tipping her chin, their eyes meeting, "Tell me, sweetheart, what happened back in Cedarburg?"

At his question, Agatha's eyes went downcast, as if ashamed to even talk about it. "Did they hurt you, Agatha? Honey, please, you gotta tell me," he further asked, running his fingers through her hair.

Still, Agatha did not answer until Genesis let out a sigh, putting the discussion on hold again for he promised not to force her.

Instead, he just kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms protectively around Agatha until Agatha went into slumber.

She has been to Texas for quite some time now yet she still couldn't forget what happened in Cedarburg.

Lord knows Agatha badly wants Genesis about it for she knew Genesis is not like Mrs. Jennie Leroy, he wouldn't judge her and put the blame on her.

Agatha knew that for sure but somehow, at the back of her mind, she still has so many what-ifs. What if he won't accept her for what happened in Cedarburg? What if he'll be disgusted even at the sight of her?

She just couldn't handle it, and so, she shut her mouth, hoping he wouldn't find out the truth.

Oh, how Agatha felt sharp stabs at her heart every time she seeks comfort from Genesis, knowing he'll never look at her the same again as soon as he ascertains what she was crying all about every night.

Agatha in the days that followed would always accompany Genesis whenever he's going to feed the animals.

Her task includes petting the cattle, naming them though Genesis doesn't know it or so she thought.

Genesis, all could ever do shake his head, suppressing a grin, watching as she pets the cattle, naming them such strange names for animals.

Napoleon, Moses, Athena, and she even dared to name the other Jesus.

Agatha was also in-charge of milking them since she asked him to teach her how to even before they reached the ranch.

Genesis carried the buckets filled with fresh milk in his hands, corners of his lips twitching up in pleasure as Agatha told him the states of the cows, her tongue sometimes slipping the names.

She panicked for a second, her eyes wide but Genesis pretended not to hear it which she seemed relieved.

As soon as the feeding session was finished, Agatha would go back inside the house to clean, sew, or even to cook a meal.