XXIV. sealing the deal

The following days, Agatha forced herself not to cry or even appear crestfallen in front of Genesis.

The day after their night swimming in the lake, the day where Agatha received a warning letter from Mrs. Leroy in regards to her son who might chase her here in Texas.

Just by thinking about it, it brought an ache not only to her heart but her brain as well, worrying where Tom Leroy might be now.

Was he at the train station? On his way here? Already outside the ranch? Knowing him, that bastard would've brought a couple of pistols paired up with numerous beers.

If the oh-so-lazy Mrs. Jennie Leroy managed to score her location and send her a letter then her drunkard son would've detected her as well.

Agatha has bit and bit her nails due to worry, her fingers trembling. For that, she knew she had to get away from here, not for her own sake but for Genesis'.

No way would she bring danger to that man. She was determined to keep him safe. Her clothes were already inside her carpetbag hidden under their bed.

Truth is, Agatha was just waiting for their sexual intercourse before she leaves the ranch. It might sound selfish and shallow but she wants her last memory of Genesis memorable.

Besides, with all the help and love he gave her, that's the last thing she could give. Fulfill her promise.

Agatha knew she wouldn't regret giving Genesis her virginity.

That night, Genesis went home with a nervous yet loving smile, all while Agatha was seated in the dining room, waiting for him to come home.

"Le-let's eat," she uttered, rising from her seat, a towel in her hand, hence wiping his sweat.

Rewarding her with a grin, his hand rested on her slender waist as she tiptoed to reach his sweaty brows, "Thank you, sweetheart," with that, he kissed her cheek.

Agatha just stared at him, her sapphire eyes darting from his temple to his eyes, causing her heartbeat to quicken. She cannot believe she'll be leaving the man she loves tomorrow.

Agatha forced herself to push back the tear as she flashed her pearl-white teeth, "Come, I've pre-prepared your favorite,"

That supper, they talked and laughed as if tonight's not the night. As if later, they would finally be having sexual intercourse.

However, in the back of their mind, despite their laughter and such, it was all they could think about. What will happen later?

Half an hour later, they were silent. The meal's finished yet no one bothered to rise from their seat. Both pretended to be busy chugging down the water.

At last, Genesis rose from his seat, walked towards her, overlapped her hand with his in the table, giving he a reassuring smile, "I'll just go check the stable,"

Lifting her head, biting her inner cheek, she nodded, "I'll...I'll get re-ready," she mumbled.

"Sure thing, sweetheart," he replied, squeezed her hand before leaving her alone in the dining room.

After she washed the dishes, she walked towards their bed-chamber, tripping a few times in the stairs, her heart beating fast, her palms sweaty.

Truth is, she does know a thing or two about what would happen during this act since she worked in a diner for several years which was filled with potty drunkard mouths.

Still, Agatha was nervous...and excited.

Fingers trembling, she stripped off, now naked from head to toe, she hurriedly slipped into her chemise, her chemise which was battered to the point it barely covers her body, her nipples poking.