Chapter 9

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

"Nijah, your checking out." Ms. Hancock said and Nijah sighed before packing her booksack.

"Mmcht mane text me." Sekani said. He didn't know what was going on and he was starting to get aggravated.

"Okay." She said lowly before throwing her booksack over her back and exiting the classroom. She walked to the front office seeing her mom standing there. She sighed and continued to walk out of the school and her mom turned to her.

"Why didn't you come home Nijah?" She asked tapping her foot.

"Can we just get in the car ma?" She asked tiredly. Amy looked at her sternly before making way to the car with Nijah following behind her.

"Start talking Nijah." Amy said as soon as she got in the car.

"I came home but i was locked out, and yall say once you lock the door thats your way of saying stay somewhere else fa the day." Nijah said looking oug the window.

"Oh, i know what locked doors mean. Im saying why weren't you home before curfew?" She asked.

"I attended a basketball game which I notified you about." Nijah said still looking out the window. Which was true.

"For god sakes Nijah why did Ashley mom call me saying you came to school with a boy this morning." Amy said infuriated. Bingo.

"He's my friend, and he offered to give me a ride since I didn't have." Nijah shrugged.

"Whose clothes are you wearing?" She asked.

"A friend's since i was able to go get mines." Nijah answered.

"Nijah, next time you shall be in the house before curfew understand?" Amy asked.

"Yes ma'am." Nijah mumbled getting ready to get her air pods. "I made the volleyball team." She stated with a smile. Just like she said she deserved to smile and no can take that away from her.

"Congratulations honey, wanna go out for ice cream?" Amy asked.

"Yes ma'am." She nodded. Amy nodded before heading towards the ice cream polar.

Sekani🏀🤍
Today 7:30 am.

Everything went good?

Went great. Thanks by the way i owe you.

Even though inside everything wasn't great. It was the greatest she was gonna get.

"Fuck wrong with you?" Mj asked Sekani.

"Im ready ta go." Sekani sighed running his hand down his face.

"You look like dem niggas who come ta school expecting to see his best friend but they ain't thea." Mj said laughing walking with Sekani till he reached his class.

"Man she did leave ole stupid ass." Sekani said frowning.

"Who, nigga you gotta best friend?" Mj asked raising a eyebrow.

"Shit, might as well be." He shrugged.

"You talm bout Nijah huh?" Mj asked.

"mhmm, she checked out 1st period." Sekani said stopping in front of his class.

"But ima fuck with ya." Sekani said dapping him off. He walked in the class and sat down ready to go to sleep since he today was a make up day and he did all his work already.

"Kj right?" This girl asked coming to sit next to him in the seat that Nijah usually sit in.

"Yeah waddup." He said looking up and noticed the girl was pretty.

"Since your done with your work, can you help me with mines?" She asked.

"Whats ya name?" He asked.

"Malaya." She smiled.

"Whatchu need help with Malaya?" He asked giving her his full attention.

"Ok soo...." she started off.

"So what was going on with Nijah last night?" Kiya asked Sekani.

"I really don't know it was something with her parents i know that." He shrugged.

"Well she's a real sweet girl i hope everything okay." Kiya said before going in the kitchen to make sure her food dont burn. Sekani took his phone out and called Nijah.

Nijah🤍
Connecting...

"Wad-"

"Ima call you back when i get home." She said before hanging up the phone.

At the moment she was at a very fancy event with her parents. Her parents were owners of a very important business. She wouldn't even be able to explain to you what they did but lots of people liked them.

"Smile Nijah." Her mother said nudging her she looked in front if the camera and smiled as the photographer took their photos afterwards they all went there own separate ways leaving Nijah alone. She sighed before going get her something to drink.

"Nice seeing you here Nijah." Ashley said going over to her.

"likewise." She faked smile.

"Missed you today in school." Ashley said as if she was fake hurt.

"Yeah, i checked out early." She nodded taking a sip from her drink.

"Ready for our first game?" She asked. After having a long conversation with her parents she agreed to be friendly with Ashley for the sack of her dad's job.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"So you and Vince huh?" She asked.

"Question mark." Nijah said raising her eyebrow.

"Yall are a thing right?" Ashley asked.

"Not quite." Nijah said. Her and Vince were texting each other but from her knowledge they weren't a thing.

"Oh, im sorry." Ashley laughed nudging Nijah's arm.

"Well, im about to go use the ladies room." Nijah walking away.
____________________________

letting yall know next chapter gone have a voting goal, okay bye✋🏾.

Thank yall to da ones thats showing support & love. Love yall fr💕.