⚜Chapter 27⚜

The Brothers That Care Forgot

❇❇❇❇

When she loved, she did it with all her heart. But when she was betrayed, she despised them with all her soul.

❇❇❇❇

|Downworld|

A woman's bloodcurdling screams could be heard throughout the realm from the isolated chamber that she had been placed in.

The walls of the room were made of molten metals and crystal shards making it impossible for anyone to enter or exit.

The only source of light present inside the room was from the raging flames that hit the woman at regular intervals.

Her wailing was so shrill and painful that every being in the Downworld quaked with fear as they all anticipated her soon approaching end.

"Please! No more!" She screamed as the chamber shook yet again and in came another gust of blazing fire ripping at her flesh and blowing away.

She fell onto her knees and let out a frustrated screech as her appearance held gashes on her skin with blood oozing out of the burnt muscles.

"Please, what more do you want from me? You have all of my powers already." She croaked out pleadingly as she looked up to find the sinister monster who had locked her here.

After facing thousands of years of torture, she did not have it in her to even be able to glare at her tormenter. She simply stared at the black-haired woman standing outside the only entrance of her room; Lilith Lightwood, the ruler of the realm.

Lilith chuckled mercilessly, "Yes, Inadu, I do believe you have given me all of the power you had left in you."

Inadu continued to crouch on the ground as she tried to take her mind off of the pain she was feeling, "What do you want from me, now?" She repeated her question in a tired timbre.

Lilith smiled, "I'm afraid you do not have anything to offer me anymore, my love."

Inadu's eyes widened in fear as she saw Lilith's brown orbs getting replaced by pitch black ones as the queen of the Downworld muttered a spell under her breath and the room was flooded with the purest form of Hellfire.

Thus, that particular moment of torture was the last Inadu would ever experience as her soul disintegrated into bits and the rooms were left empty as if she never existed in the first place.

"Where will you gain more power from, now, mother?" Lucifer voiced from beside her once they started walking back to their palace, "Inadu was a power source and you killed her." 

Lilith rolled her eyes, "As I said, Lucy, Inadu did not have any more powers left to give."

He nodded grimly. She simply shook her head, "I will find a way, son. Don't worry."

"Yes, I know you will, but after our last deal with that mortal witch was a bust, Inadu was our only option," Lucifer mentioned, deep in thoughts making Lilith exhale in frustration.

"My daughter put a damper on the deal I had with that witch. Now, I shall have to find another way to gather enough strength in order to kill Raziel before I can take his magic." She spat angrily.