37. New Beginning

Vlad looks up to meet her eyes, his face scrunched up as he tries to process what the spirit said.

After stopping for a moment, the spirit once again began, "You've finally accepted the fact that Rein killed you. That he betrayed you for your brother. This whole time, you've never truly accepted that you died. Deep within yourself, you never believed that this world is real, that you're what everyone calls 'Legendary Serpent King'. In the illusion, you found the memories that you were looking for. From the beginning till the end. After accepting everything, you can unleash your full potential..."

"So you were able to see the memories as well?" Vlad questioned.

Lynexia smiled. "No, not all. Just...pieces."

Vlad narrowed his eyes. "Why did you ask about Aron Maeve? You already know the answer..."

"That's not true. Like I said, I have only seen pieces of your memory. You were whispering that name. I did have a hunch though."

"Then my body...." Vlad touched his hair.

The spirit chuckled. "What else can I say? Your body was forced to mature due to the amount of magic that you've gained after unblocking your potential. Your tiny body cannot handle that much power. If you had stayed in a child form, there's quite a high chance that you'll die."

Vlad thought it was good to have an adult size form so he nodded. "What about the poison?"

"I don't know." The spirit replied.

"You don't know?" Vlad repeated with a frown.

"All I know is that you've been poisoned. I don't know why, who did it, or even what type of poison it is. I've been locked up in this place for far too long." The spirit replied.

"Lyn, right? Can you do me a favour?" Vlad asked hesitatingly.

Lynexia pauses for a moment and looks at him with a stunned expression. She thought that the boy in front of him would be the type to never ask for others' help, and even more from someone he didn't know.

Vlad saw her expression and shrugged with a small smile. "I can trust you. I have a feeling that I can trust you. Plus, right now, you're the only one I can ask for help. And you know? This is a new life, a new beginning. In my last life, I... didn't enjoy it to the fullest. It's a waste of time to hold on to that hatred. Maybe, it's a blessing in disguise to have come here. There are lots of things I want to know. There are lots of mysteries. Just for a short moment, I want to see this world. That's why... I want to ask you to pretend that I am here while I go out of this place."

"Do you not care about the news outside? What happened after you stayed in here?"

Vlad let out a smile. "I will find out when I am out."

Lynexia let a soft laugh. "Go on then. I will cover for you. I will not let anyone come in to this place. Come back as soon as you've done what you want to do. A week have passed since you went into the illusion. Take this storage ring. Inside of it should be everything that you need in this journey."

Vlad nodded. Towards the spirit he bowed and let out a 'Thank you' before disappearing.