chapter 5 | Mademoiselle

"You like him, don't you?" my father exclaims as I just put my body on the seat. My veins freeze, but I pretend to not understand his sentence. "Uh? What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean," he sends his rude look through my eyes, but I look straight in front of me. "I just like how kind he is...that's all."

"Hm, sure," his haughty voice fills the space, but he starts the car. I buckle my seat belt on and just ignore what he said. "You know you can't date him anyway, am I wrong?"

"I know!" my frustration runs away from me. "Why do you even talk about this?"

He shrugs but stays calm, enjoying the way he managed to make me react. I huff but look out the window.

Thanks to him for reminding me I won't ever date an amazing guy like Jungkook. This old man knows how to ruin my dreams.

— Two days later —

Thursday, October 09, 2019.

9 am.

"Ah, the daily visit of Anastasia," Jungkook giggles at me, sipping on his coffee or warm chocolate and leaning back on the window with one hand in his pocket as I just entered his office. "Don't call me that, Mister Jeon..." I look down but smile, shyly, knowing the reason why he uses this name. I should have watched where I was going two days ago, now he's going to make me think of someone in particular each time I see him. Especially since he holds the same power.

"Come on," he licks his lips but bends forth to lay his cup on his desk and tuck both of his hands in the pockets of his tight trousers in order to get back in his previous position. "Why are you here today?" he fixes his glasses on his nose bridge but keeps his eyes on me as I'm pretty sure my face turned red. I walk up to him with an important file in my hold, his attention not drifting away. "My dad wanted me to show you this," I stand before him but get the pieces of paper stapled together. "The other company that works with you on the project made some sketches for the type of design they would want the devices to have..."

"Oh, really?" the interest takes over him, and he steps towards me to be on my left side but very close. "Show me everything," he lays his big eyes on the first page I displayed but keeps his hands in his pockets. "This is the first one," I turn it towards him to make sure he sees all the details, feeling my arm against his tough torso. "So that's the product number three, right?" he takes his left hand out of his pocket and lifts it up to the page to turn it and check the next one, putting his veins and tattoos in sight while brushing his warm skin past mine. "I...I don't know. He didn't tell me anything about it."

"All right," he smiles near my hot face but gets the first sketch back into sight. "It's written just right over here, I'm stupid," he points his finger at the bottom left corner of the paper but chuckles in my ear, making me smile and feel some butterflies in my stomach. "Hm, but this one is good," he nods and goes back to the second device. I try to keep calm as the smell of his cologne is filling my nose and hitting my brain to entice me.

Each time he's around or that I'm in a room where he has been, this smells like him, and my brain knows it. This is like smelling something delicious and craving for it, even if he's not food. Unless the food isn't—

"Hm?" the deep humming sound vibrating through his throat snatches me out of my dirty mind. I dart my eyes in his direction but drown deep into his penetrating ones. "I...Sorry...? I was...I was thinking..."

He stares at me without any readable emotion through a heavy silence, my heart racing from the tight-close contact that only affects me. A soft giggle suddenly runs away from his glossy lips, and his expression turns all soft and baby-like. "You really are in another world most of the time, aren't you?"