Chapter 10!

I blinked a couple of times before sitting up. I had been moved from the nice, comfortable car to the cool, hard, stone floor of a warehouse near water. The room was filled with metal racks holding a multitude of different objects. Some of them held light bulbs, other held weapons; it was just a random place. I could hear the rain hitting the metal roof and walls and it was strangely comforting. Ra’s was standing in front of me, a hint of displeasure in his gaze. I slowly stood up and decided to not glare at him for once.

“What do you want?” I asked firmly, tilting my head to the side and crossing my arms in front of my chest; mainly to keep body heat from escaping in the cold.

“I’m in need of your assistance.” He started to pace, still looking at me from time to time. “When your parents worked for Edward, which I know they did, they took something from me. I know Edward never received it, otherwise I’d have seen it around Gotham.”

“And you want me to find it?” I furrowed my eyebrows. “If you hadn’t noticed, they’re dead and I don’t even know where to begin looking for something that they tried to hide from both you and Nigma.” I frowned at him.

“Nigma?” He stopped pacing and looked at me with an amused expression. “Did he do something to upset you?”

“Don’t change the subject.” I waved my hand in front of me. “Let’s say I do magically know where it is, why would I tell you where it is?” Ra’s turned to fully face me and had a grin on his face that I didn’t trust.

“Because I can save your life.” He answered simply, making his way toward me. “You are a very gifted young woman who has been hurt by so many, but that’s no reason to let you suffer this painful death.” His voice was sweet and smooth; I didn’t want to bite the bait. “I have your salvation and you’ll only receive my help if you first help me.”

I took a minute to contemplate what he was saying. I could either die, painfully, or I could return to him what my parents took. I mean, if they took it for Edward but never gave it to him, what could it possibly be? If I die I’ll never know, but if I give it to him there’s no guarantee that I’ll live either.

“How do I know you won’t just take what you want and leave me to die?” I questioned, shifting my weight to my right foot. He smiled and nodded his head.

“A very valid point. You’ll just have to take my word for it. But may I remind you, Ra’s al Ghul never breaks his word.”

“Alright, what’s this thing look like that my parents took?” I sighed, deciding my life was worth another risk. His smile grew into a grin and he clasped his hands behind his back happily.

“An old looking box with carvings throughout every side. Bring me this box and you will have your cure. I’ll be waiting for you in Gotham.” He turned and started to walk off; I decided to test my luck.

“What is my cure exactly?” I called out and he never broke stride.

“Bring me my box and you will find out.” His voice was soft by the time it reached my ears.

I turned around and looked for my exit. I walked past a couple shelves, occasionally touching some of the objects closest to me. Where would my parents hide an old looking wooden box that held something that both Ra’s and Nigma want? I tried flipping through my memories, but the only box that I remember was the one my dad left to me; it wasn’t even wooden. I probably should have asked what size it was, and if it was heavy.

I finally found the exit and shielded myself from the rain as best I could while looking for the car that brought me here. Sure enough, it was sitting there not five feet from the building; keys taped to the driver’s window.