Chapter V

Olivia's POV

Exhaustion.

On this particular day after work, I didn't want to go back to my apartment because I didn't feel like being alone, so I decided to drive to Greg's place and spend the night there

It's a great thing that it was Thursday today, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting early for work tomorrow morning because it was a public holiday, long weekend ahead baby!

I knocked on the door twice but there was no response, so I decided to use my own set of keys he gave to me months prior. He wasn't aware I was coming over, I wanted to surprise him.

Inside his apartment it was dead quiet, which was weird because he usually played some music or something. I took off my heels and looked around for him in the house. He wasn't in his study nor the balcony, which were his outermost favorite places to collect his thoughts.

His bedroom door was closed shut, I thought he must be in bed after his late meeting. As my hand turned on the door knob, the groaning and moaning sounds from the other side of the door grew disturbing by the second. I pushed the door slightly open only to catch a glimpse of Greg's glistering body on top of another woman, who was clenching onto his back like her life depended on it as he thrusted deep inside her, with their moans close to an electrifying climax.

I stood paralyzed at the doorway, barely able to move, staring in horror in this ongoing steamy event happening before my eyes. The door must have creaked further open cause Greg turned his head and caught my eye. His face went pale before he tore himself from the other woman’s tight grip and jumped out of bed to search for his clothes. The other woman's mouth dropped in shock as she covered what was visible of her naked body with the sheets around her then looked away in shame, only to notice it was Sheila, his assistant.

“Liv, what are you doing here?”, he struggled to put his trousers on, and I turned to leave. I reached for my heels on the floor as soon as I got to them and stormed outside.

“Livy”, he grabbed me by my arm and turned me around to face him. “I can explain”, he reasoned as I realized his voice was shaking.

“Is this what you meant when you said your schedule was hectic?”, I pointed in the direction of his bedroom. “You meant you're busy fucking your assistant?”

“There's nothing going on between Sheila and I. It was just a one time thing”, he reasoned and inch by inch the love I felt for him slowly dissolved as a swirl of anger, betrayal, embarrassment, sadness and humiliation flooded through me

“How could you do this to me?”, I tried to force a cry, but I couldn't. “I trusted you Greg”, I began to hit him on his bare chest. “You made it okay to trust you”

He grabbed both my hands and pinned them together. The tears that had gathered into my eyes started streaming down my face.

“It won't happen again baby, I promise”

“How I supposed to believe what you're saying to me?”, I was now sobbing, slightly experiencing shortness of breath

“I don't know how to explain it to you but you shouldn't have seen that”

Wrong answer

“Let me go”, I tried to yank my hands from him, but he tightened his grip around them

“Let's just talk about this, please”, he wasn't willing to let me go as I put up a struggle

“Screw you Greg and screw your fucking assistant”, I paused for a second. “Oh no wait, you did that already”