Chapter 47|(3)The flashback continues|

Khushi's saree resembles this one above!

Luminous sunbeams peeked through the thick curtains declaring a new day, waking the individuals slept peacefully beside each other from their slumber and invigorating both to resume their monotonous routines.

Last night had been a start of a new something for both Arnav and Khushi. Arnav content by the fading misconceptions and Khushi delighted by the unusual normalization in their relationship. There was indubitably something peculiar formed which both were hesitant to signalize or speak out about.

Khushi still had to inform him about the upcoming event they were to attend with the family. And now seemed to be the best opportunity as she saw him standing in front of the mirror, gelling his hair to perfection, about to leave for work.

"Listen!" She called out.

He turned around at her two syllables. Curious to know what she had to address.

"Woh... we have a wedding of some family friends to attend tomorrow. So will you... will you come back early?" She asked politely, hesitating her way through the sentence.

Oh how he hated weddings!

Deafening music, crowds, congested places, bright lights, obnoxious people. He despised every event that consisted of such things, which almost all events did, leading him to hate chiefly every one of them, every party, every celebration. Weddings still being on the first number of those abhorred events in his list. But those weren't the only things making him detest weddings. One of the biggest dislikes, more like insecurity that was born a few months back when he forcefully married her, had settled a very bitter feeling inside his heart, doubling his hatred towards weddings thrice then before.

He now was ashamed of even going near something called a wedding, especially in her presence. The word alone sent jarred chills down his spine, reminding him of his own viciousness and barbarity. How was he supposed to walk with his head held high to a wedding when he snatched someone else's dreams away so brutally? That someone being Khushi, who he now was clear could never do something scandalous like that.

The way she cared for his sister, the way she put herself in danger to save his sister, the way she threw disgusted glances at Shyam, the way she cared for him, had somehow settled the fear inside him that he'd misjudged her tremendously. Those things spoke volumes to him, yet he was awfully ashamed to discourse them.

Seeing him stare into nothing, Khushi shook his shoulder lightly.

"What are you thinking? I'm asking you to come early tomorrow, we have a wedding to attend."

"I'm not coming. You can go if you want to but I'll be busy." He said suddenly.

"When are you not busy? Arnavji nani said we both have to go together."

Her consistent pushing aggravated him immensely.

"I told you that I'll be busy, didn't I? Don't you understand something said once? And I don't like attending those obnoxious weddings anyway." He growled.

She scrunched her face at his angry and phlegmatic responses which never failed to leave her baffled.

"Well you don't but I do. Don't make effort to join. I'll go with the family." She rolled her eyes at the brat she was living with. Well technically he wasn't a brat because all the success and recognition was his own hard work. What he was, was a big baby, who loved throwing tantrums at the simplest mishaps, arguing over trivial things and not listening to others.