t w e n t y o n e

Aurora's heels clicked across the lobby, holding the bouquet of flowers close to her.

She stepped through the revolving doors, immediately spotting Xavier's car and like he had said, 6 on the dot.

The door was already unlocked when she pulled it open. She gave him a happy grin as she slipped into the car. She placed her purse next to her, while he took the flowers from her and placed them in the back seat.

"Hi," she greeted after placing a kiss on his lips. Unlike earlier, he had gotten rid of his suit jacket, which was now laying across the backseats.

"Hey," He started the car and began to pull away from the curb. "How was your day, love?"

"Good, especially after a special someone surprised me," she replied sweetly, leaning over to place another kiss on his cheek. "Thank you again by the way."

As the car rolled to a stop in front of a red light, he turned his head to look at her with a soft smile. "Of course. I'm glad you liked it."

"Did you yell at people again at work?" She teasingly asked, leaning closer to him. Like usual, his hair was now slightly messy compared to the perfect styling he had that morning.

She leaned back when he stepped on the gas, just as the light turned green. With his left hand on the wheel, his right hand grabbed her's, lacing their fingers together.

He brought their hands up to his mouth and placed a kiss on the back of her hand before letting their hands drop back onto her lap. "Just a few. Maybe a dozen—or two."

"No," exclaimed Aurora, turning to look at him with a shocked expression on her face. "Did you really?"

"I'm joking," He chuckled, squeezing her hand with reassurance.

"Oh good, they probably did nothing wrong," she muttered, absentmindedly staring at his exposed arm, where the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. She could see his tattoos peak out from under the rolled up sleeve.

"I may have been a little less mean after our FaceTime," he added.

"I guess as the protector of your employees, we need to FaceTime more often," she hummed, trying to get her phone out from her purse with her free hand. When she couldn't, she attempted to untangle her fingers from Xavier's, but of course, he wouldn't let go.

"I would rather see you in person," he uttered truthfully as she continued to struggle. After a couple more seconds, she gave up and went back to trying to grab her phone with one hand. She playfully glared at him when she finally succeeded.

"I guess that could be arranged," she shrugged, causing him to look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Could be?" He repeated.

"Depends if you behave or not."

"I can show you just how well I could behave," his voice was deep and suggesting. She slapped his arm, rolling her eyes at him as he let out a deep chuckle. "I'm just giving you what you want, love."

"That's what you want," She snorted as she bit back her lip to stop herself from laughing. She began to touch the screen, looking through the different options, wanting to listen to music as they drove through traffic.

He noticed from the corner of his eyes and tapped the bluetooth button on the screen, inviting her to add her phone to his car. "You can connect your phone."

"Really?" She looked at him with wide eyes.

He nodded.

"Hell yea," she muttered a cheer from under her breath, which had not gone unheard by Xavier. He smiled at how cute she was as he watched her open the settings on her phone, connecting her phone to his car.