30

Back at the capital, Zuko and Soana came home with Azula and her friends after a day of being at Ember Island. The two had finally got their marriage on a starting track by keeping promises and being there for each other like how they did in Ba Sing Se, but their marriage wasn't so perfect still. The two continue to have disagreements as all couples always have, nevertheless they still try to work out there marriage and set aside differences.

Although the beginning of the marriage took a rocky start, the trip to Ember Island made them learn so much about themselves than they have before.

He admitted to Soana at Ember Island that he had been angry with himself for everything. Dragging her to the Fire Nation, wedding her when she wasn't ready, letting her friends to die, and betraying his uncle for his nation made Zuko so angry with himself that he nearly burned the entire island down with flames.

It was two days after they arrived back at the palace that Zuko was awakened in the middle of the night to footsteps at his door.

Sleeping on her back with Zuko holding onto her, Soana was in a blissful state until the prince shot up from his position in bed.

Soana felt the cold air replace the warmth that previously radiated off of him and onto her. She rose from laying to watch Zuko get out of bed almost seeming paranoid.

"Zuko, what are you doing?" She asked, groggily.

"Quiet, Soana." He said.

Confused and a bit scared, she listened to her husband as he opened the door and carefully walked out.

After a moment he came back into the bedroom and shut the door with a scroll in hand.

"What's that?" Soana questioned as Zuko lit the lantern on her bedside table.

He sighed.

Soana squinted at the light, letting her eyes adjust.

Zuko unrolled the scroll and let his amber eyes scan over the text. He put it down and looked at Soana.

"I got a scroll last night saying the same as this one. It says 'You need to know the story of your great grandfather's demise. It will reveal your own destiny'."

He handed the scroll to her as she read over the text. She furrowed her brows and shook her head.

"What are they talking about? Who left this?"

"I don't know who left it and I really don't know what they're talking about. I tried to find out things about him today, but it was the same stuff I learned in school. He used Sozin's comet to harness the power for the invasion of the world."

Soana shrugged unknowingly and handed back the scroll.
"It should mean something, Zuko. If it wasn't a big deal then this person wouldn't be trying to tell you at all."

Zuko sent his wife a smirk.
"I love it when you get theoretical."

She sent him a tired grin as he threw the scroll over the lantern and dove back into bed to plant a kiss on Soana's lips.

She giggled as he swiftly climb over her and hovered his face over hers. He planted a kiss on her nose before her attention went to the scroll that had laid across the lantern. She noticed how a row of red ink started to bleed through the paper from the heat, so she grab onto Zuko's arm to gain his thought.