she gives you a promise ring

Jisoo continued to twirl your hair around her fingers as you continued to sleep. She was reluctant when it came to waking you up this early but at the same time, she was so excited about today that she could hardly stay still!

It's your birthday and she has the entire day to spend with you. She knows the girls will be over later for a little party she's got planned for you, but until then it's just the two of you, and she knows how excited you'll be about that.

She leaned in to kiss your cheek delicately. She didn't mean to wake you, so it saddened her a little when she watched your eyes flutter open while her lips were still against your cheek.

"Good morning," you mumbled through a yawn and rubbed the sleep from your eyes. Jisoo shook her head and pulled you into her arms.

You laughed tiredly and let your head fall to her chest. Your eyes locked, hers shined so brightly.

"It's a great morning! It's your special day!" She rolled you over and hovered over you as she planted kisses all across your face. "Happy birthday," she said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Jisoo. I think you might be more excited about my birthday than I am, though."

You both laughed before she shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe a little bit. I did get you something really special."

"But, Jisoo, I said that I didn't want you to get me anything. You already granted my wish! I wanted to spend the day with you, and you're here, and I'm happy about that!"

Jisoo nodded as she laid her forehead onto yours. "I know what you said but I couldn't help myself. Just close your eyes, trust me, you're gonna love it!"

You giggled as she brought your hands up to your eyes. "No peeking!" She warned.

But a few seconds later she grabbed one of your hands and you felt something be placed into it. "Okay, open your eyes."

You let them flutter open and you saw a little box in your hand. You opened it up and saw a ring inside. "Oh, Jisoo..." You whispered, so in awe that you could barely speak. You pulled it out of the box and went to slip it onto your finger but before you could, Jisoo grabbed ahold of it.

She wrapped her fingers around your hand. They felt so soft, every brush of her hand still seems to make your heart beat wildly in your chest, even though you've been together for a while now.

"I love you, y/n; I promise to always remind you how wonderful you are. I promise that one day, this'll be something more. But until that day comes, I promise that I'll continue to adore you as I do now. You're one of the best things to ever happen to me and I promise to remind you of that every chance I get,"

She slid the ring onto your finger and right afterward, you looped your arms around her neck and pulled her closer. "It's so pretty. I love it, and you, so much." You whispered against her neck as you breathed in the scent of her body wash that lingered on her skin.

"Happy birthday." She said again, this time as she gave you a kiss, one that made your heart leap as you brushed your fingers through her long, dark hair.

"It's already the best birthday I've ever had."

Jisoo nudged her nose against your cheek as a bright smile formed on her face. "So far. You've got many more trips around the sun to take, and I'm excited to spend them all with you."