Realizations

"I don't know Jensey, I'm just not into him that way". I stated

Jensey rolled her eye's and tossed a pillow across the room at me. "What's not to be into? Kyle practically adores you". She tried to persuade me.

I shifted away from the pillow and instantly regretted my fast movement. Holding my boss of pain in I winced from the throb in my shoulder from Duel's bite. It's been a few day's since our encounter and it's still tender. No matter how hard I party or flirt and can't get that morning out of my head. I've glanced at his paper's several time's reading every sentence over and I still can't believe it. I can't believe that I fell for a killer, a gangster. What's even worse is him admitting that he scattered a dead persons ashes over my room. The thought still makes my stomach upset. However I still can't believe it. This is stuff out of movie's not real life. Many time's I've convinced myself that it's just a horrible dream and I haven't woken yet.

I'm a good girl and I always thought that I could read people well but I was so off with Duel. Yes, I knew he was a bad boy and liked to fight and occasionally still for the thrill but never did I think his behavior extended into hard criminal acts. I was disappointed in myself as well. How could I allow myself to get involved with someone such as himself. My parent's would be mortified. What's worse is that seeing Duel do bad deeds turned me on and I even encouraged him from time to time. What's that say about me?

Now the entire Zoe situation seemed so trivial compared to Duel's record. To think at one time I loved him and even gave my most valuable gift to him made me shutter. What if had killed me? So many thing's could've went bad and I honestly feel lucky for my life. "Hello. Earth to Chelly?" Jensey sang snagging me from my thoughts .

"The answer is no Jensey.  Yes Kyle is sweet and nice looking but I'm not feeling him. I'm not feeling any romantic relationship right now." I said hoping my point got across.

" It'll be your loss then Chelly. I just can't believe you'd pass him over to go out with Erin this weekend ". She continued.

" Look Jensey, just accept it okay. I want to keep my options open. I'm more content with just dating around right now. I don't want anything serious. Jesus, I don't give you shit about your dates". I snapped.

"Whoa, sorry". Jensey replied sarcastically.

I knew Jensey meant well and she'd never encourage me to go out with someone if she didn't think they was worthy of me and she is right about Kyle. I've went out with him a few time's and yes, we've had sex but I find him dull. Currently I've tried to avoid him because he keeps badgering me and now he has Jensey on his team. "Look, I'm sorry Jensey. I didn't mean to bite your head off but could you please stop trying to force this. I went through some thing's with my ex and I'm not up for a relationship okay".

Jensey sighed. "I'm sorry to. I shouldn't have tried to push Kyle on you. It won't happen again. Now go with your best friend and get some lunch".

We both laughed at our minor spat and headed out the door. By the end of the week my shoulder wasn't as sore and the bite seemed to be healing okay but I faced a new fear. Today was my turn to visit the prison to interview a inmate. I kept telling myself that there was no way I'd end up with Duel. Surely after his last episode they wouldn't allow him to do it but boy was I surprised. In he was escorted by several guard's and went through the same routine of being cuffed to the table. However this time he had a new addition added to his restraints. A muzzle was clamped over his jaws to keep him from attacking anyone with his mouth. He could still speak but there's no way he could bite me this time. Honestly he looked ridiculous and I nearly let a snort of laughter out as he sat across from me. This also made me feel safer which made me feel bolder. "I must say this look is becoming on you". I taunted.

Duel sat motionless and his mood was hard to read through the muzzle but his eye's gave his anger away. "You really fucking other guy's?" He snarled out.

" My personal life is not up for discussion. I'm here to discuss your life. Now tell me, what makes you want to kill? "

"Lying, deceitful bitches". He growled.

" Okay". I whispered and jotted his answer down blowing his jab off.

"Have you ever killed a female?"

" no but I'm about to". His reply was dry.

"Hmmm.... So you still plan to kill or want to kill". I said jotting that down ignoring his threat.

" How does killing make you feel? "

"You'll get to see pretty soon melon". He tried to smile through the muzzle.

Skipping on to my next question I asked. "Are you and your family close or do you often have disputes due to do much violence?"

" My family life is off limits". He warned.

"At what age did you commit your first murder?" I continued .

Duel smirked. "I'm not sure but I clearly remember murdering your ass several time's. Do you remember all the time's you cried my name out? Dug your nails into my back? Swallowed my cock and loved it? I recall every single time. I popped that cherry on the hood of my car. I can still feel you Chelly. Can you still feel me inside of you? I bet you wish those other guy's were me. I can't tell you the first time I killed someone but I can tell you the first time I fell in love. It was in a janitors closet in a church. I'll never forget that kiss".

" I won't allow you in my head Duel Harper. And that's a lie. Your first love was Zoe, you told me so yourself. In fact you told me that you wasn't sure if you could love me because of your feelings for her. Guess she won in the end. Tell me, does she visit you? Did she return your love back? You was my biggest mistake, my biggest regret and now you are my long lost past. This is over. I've got all the info I need as I you'll never see me again. You're going to watch me walk out that door with my back to you and I hope you suffer everyday the same way I suffered from your lies and abandonment. I waited by my phone for your call. I went to your home hoping you had returned. I stopped living for a little bit in too much agony to go on. But not anymore. You don't even cross my mind. Now, if you'll excuse me I have another date to get ready for".

Standing up I went to the door. "I'll be seeing you". Duel yelled out.

Turning, I gave a evil smile and said with strength. "Not where you are going you want".

Without a second glance I walked out leaving this part of my life back there locked up with him.

Hello!!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment!!

Does Chelly have any feelings for Duel or is it truly over?

Even though Duel talks tough how do you think he really feels? What's going on in his mind?

Why could Chelly be handling her life the way she is now? Partying, different guy's avoiding serious relationships etc?