Let It Go - (Ariana POV)

Present Day – Tommy's Studio

"How are you holding up?" I heard Victoria checking up on me. I realised that, asides from my sudden outburst again Lauren, I hadn't really said anything to anyone since this interview started.

"I'm fine." I lied.

Njomza and Victoria obviously knew me very well and could tell I was lying. Yet, I was grateful when they didn't push me to talk about my feelings. I was definitely working on getting better at it, but I had no intentions of getting into this whole thing with them at the moment.

"I know you want her back but you do realise that you fucked up big time and I don't know how you're going to get back from that." I overheard Tommy say to me. He wasn't looking up from what he was doing, instead he said those words pretty casually while bopping his head to some beat he came up with, with one part of the headphone on his ear and the other one on the side, leaving him an open ear to keep a track of what was going on around.

I saw a pillow fly across the room aimed by Njomza at Tommy.

"What the fuck? Seriously?" He said in disbelief after it collided with his head. Njomza threw a death stare at him.

"This girl needs to hear all of this. You're cradling her into a sense of comfort." He said to Njomza and Victoria. He then turned to me and continued. "Am I the only one speaking the truth here? You chose your career over Y/N and now you're acting like the victim?" Tommy said, staring me straight in the eyes.

"You're right." I admitted after a brief moment of reflective silence.

This threw Victoria and Njomza a bit aback. Tommy was also a bit surprised, anticipating a negative response from my side instead of acceptance.

"I screwed up everything." I leaned back into the couch and leaned my head up against the top of the sofa, looking up to the ceiling.

"From what I remember, during the few times we all hung out together, she always seemed to be the understanding and 'wanting to fix things' type of girl. Maybe you should text her and rekindle your friendship and see where it takes you, if you're really that set on getting her back." Victoria said seriously.

"Uhm, you are aware that Ariana broke Y/N's heart pretty badly. Understanding or not, you don't just open the door back to someone who stomped on your heart that easily." I heard Tommy say.

In a way, Tommy made me so mad but at the same time, I appreciated his honesty and his voice of reason through all this. Njomza and Victoria were really supportive and I'm not sure where I would be without both of them but they were being very unrealistic with this situation.

"I think the best you can do right now would be to text her and congratulate her on her album and see if she replies, first and foremost. If she replies and initiates conversation, then you'll know where you stand with her." Tommy said very casually.

"Smart man." Victoria said, laughing and shaking her head at Tommy, in disbelief that he was being so wise in this conversation.

I silently nodded at both of these sentences. Tommy was right, I needed to started slowly. After all, it took me months of flirting before Y/N finally decided to make a move.

Flashback – 3 years ago – Ariana's residence in Los Angeles

"Have you heard back from your lady lover yet?" I heard Nonna shout from the other room she was in.

"Mom!" I heard my own mom say to Nonna, in a scolding manner.

"This girl needs to grow some balls and ask my granddaughter out, they've been flirting off and on for nearly 2 months now, it's driving me crazy." Nonna said as I saw her exit the guest bedroom, where she had stayed while visiting me.