128🔥 Songhee + Hayoon = SongYoon

It was gone.

Hayoon's ability was gone.

And she was absolutely devastated.

All of them got back to the house, scaring the others since they didn't know what happened or why they were back so early.

Hayoon had fallen unconscious by the time they got back to the house, even though the time it took them to get there was mere seconds, she couldn't keep her eyes open despite how many times her brother told her to stay awake and not fall asleep.

The others got straight to work healing her, knowing they had to once they knew what she was hit with.

When they opened Hayoon's shirt there was a nasty wound on her stomach, it wasn't bleeding but it looked like a disgusting rash that was spreading. Thankfully, they acted quickly and were able to heal her by using the power the coven could convey together. They knew it worked when the wound became smaller, and smaller, until it was simply a scar across her middle.

Hayoon had woken up as they healed her, the female crying her eyes out as they did since it hurt despite the fact they were healing her and not trying to hurt her.

Mullary paste was created to one, take the abilities of witches or warlocks, and two, take the ability and kill an immortal witch or warlock while doing so to give the power to whomever is killing them.

None of them knew how it affected elementals, hell, they thought it would do anything to them.

Though, that simply wasn't the case.

Dion had told Hayoon to try and use her ability, to wield pure ice, but when she did she couldn't, telling them she couldn't even feel it anymore. Commonly, the skin of frost elementals is colder than any other, it didn't mean the elemental was cold, their skin was just that way since they could wield ice or water at their will.

Hayoon's skin was no longer cold.

Her skin was warm, not as warm as a fire elemental, but as warm as a human, someone who wasn't witch nor elemental.

Her hair showed that much.

Dion figured she'd lost her ability when her hair changed from a brilliant white to a deep black with a blue streak.

He assumed the streak was there so the universe could differentiate between black magik witches and elementals who've lost their abilities. Dion, in his time, has seen witches take away elementals abilities, which resulted in their hair turning black and a streak of the color their ability was appearing, but he'd never seen it done with mullary paste.

All of them couldn't help but feel sympathy for the female in front of them.

She was eighteen and now couldn't use pure ice anymore.

"Hayoon..." Jeongyeon began, though her voice trailed off, she didn't know what she could say to help Hayoon feel better, because she knew if she was in Hayoon's position no words would be able to appease the pure anguish she was feeling.

"It's okay," Hayoon took a deep breath, running her fingers through her black hair as everyone looked at her pitifully, "I jumped in front of them, it's my fault."

Songhee was someone who was especially feeling sorry for Hayoon, even guilty.

She knew Hayoon didn't just do it to protect Yoongi, because Songhee was already standing in front of Yoongi, that orb would've hit her. She knows Hayoon did it to save her from whatever consequences getting hit with that orb caused.

Donghan swallowed the lump in his throat, his heart in pain for his twin, "Hayoon, maybe-"

"I-" she let out a strangled laugh, one that wasn't pulled from amusement, but from pain, "I can't hear alternatives right now, I think I just need to process everything." she gave a single nod before getting up and walking away to her bedroom, the rest flinching at the slam of the door.