•C h a p t e r F o r t y - O n e•

Song for chapter forty one: Souvenir by Selena Gomez

|Skyler|

I stood motionless by the gates, a few people whizzing by or weaving around me as they hurried out of the airport.

There Aden was, in all his glory. I felt my heart swell from the sight of him, even though we'd only gone one day without talking. But still, it felt like an eternity. He gripped the bouquet in his hands so tightly, I could see his knuckles turn white.

I walked over towards him, feeling my own stomach swarm wildly with butterflies as I stood in front of him. My eyes trailed to a flimsy name tag he hung around his neck, labelled 'Hello, my name is sorry.' I met his eyes again, an amused smile spreading over my lips.

"I'm sorry," he pointed to the name tag, his eyes hopeful. "Can you please forgive me? I know I fucked up and I stormed off rather than—"

My body reacted before my brain did and I threw my arms over his shoulders. I breathed in his scent, instantly finding solace in it as I buried my face into his shoulder. He took a step back from surprise, but he quickly recovered wrapping his arms around me tighter than I'd ever felt him do so before. He nuzzled his face in my hair, sighing. Suddenly, all in the world made sense again, like puzzle pieces that fell into place.

I pried my face off his shoulder to look at him, his face contorted with remorse. "No it's okay Aden, and I do trust you and I don't blame you. I don't care about McKenna, I just want you."

"I know and I'm such an asshole for ever doubting you. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you and I should've just listened," he pulled me in again, wrapping his arms around me. "McKenna won't be bothering us anymore," he added quietly.

I glanced up at him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but Aden ignored it as he handed me the large bouquet, a sheepish smile on his face. "I got this for you."

I took it in my hands, disappointed that I had no clue what those flowers were called. The only one I recognized were the roses. On instinct I brought them up to my nose and took a whiff, the scent of the flowers tickled my nostrils, almost causing me to sneeze. Thankfully I didn't — otherwise that would be embarrassing.

"Thanks Aden, you really didn't have to," I felt my cheeks grow warm as I clutched the bouquet. I'd never had much interest in flowers before, but those were suddenly the most gorgeous ones I'd ever seen.

"No, I did," he dug his hand around in his jacket pocket, his cheeks growing into a deep scarlet shade. "And that's not all..." he took out a small black jewelry box.