Elias 3.5

When he had seen Athanasia drown, Elias felt a hammer had knocked him out because when he woke up, he was having a terrible headache.

Images... illusions? Or was it a dream?

He did not remember much but the sensation of grief, loss, and emptiness stayed in his skin.

Elias narrowed his eyes at the feeling. It was something he did not want to feel again.

"What a bad aftertaste..."

He murmured before looking around. Claude had probably brought him to their shared room and nursed him since the emperor was sleeping beside him and had an arm around his small body.

"Dad."

Elias shook Claude's shoulder. The moment his small hand had touched Claude's shoulder, the emperor had woken up. Seeing his son awake, Claude sat up as he asked how Elias was feeling.

"I have a little headache but I am good."

Claude nodded as he got off bed and got ready for the day. Elias laid on his stomach as he watched the emperor get ready.

Just as Claude was finished, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Elias answered and Liora entered the room. Liora greeted the royal before making her way towards Elias to help him get ready but Claude raised his hand and shooed her away.

Liora paused and then moved to the corner of the room to standby in case Elias needed something.

"Rest for the day, Elias."

Elias hummed in thought. The headache was getting on his nerves so he would not be able to concentrate anyway. He took Claude's offer.

"Okay, but I want to go to the Grand Tree with dad and have lunch there."

"Then I'll see you at noon."

Claude answered and approached Elias before leaning down. Elias pecked Claude on his cheek and the emperor kissed his forehead before he left the room. He was probably going to the office.

After a few minutes and making sure that Claude was not coming back, Elias turned to Liora.

"Athanasia, how is she?"

Liora blinked, surprised that Elias would ask. The crown prince knew that this was out of character for him. He did not like sharing and Athanasia was someone who got a fraction of Claude's attention. It left an annoying weight on his chest that he was worrying about the princess when he did not even like her.

"She caught a cold and is currently resting at Ruby Palace."

Ruby Palace...

Out of all the palaces the princess could have been placed in, it had to be the old palace that left Elias irritated.

Elias knitted his eyebrows together.

What an annoying little princess.

Elias had Liora and Nikolas gather information on Athanasia. From her daily schedule to her servants.

He did not know why he felt like he needed to do this but it was pegging him.

It did not even take a day for Liora and Nikolas to bring a three page report. That was how consistent her everyday life was.

Sleep. Play. Eat. Bath. And repeat.

Elias scowled when he read that servants were stealing objects that belonged to the Palace and scowled more when he learned that Athanasia did not have a royal soldier.