Chapter 29

Miranda's POV

While Gandalf and Radagast talked, I walked away from the group. As I was walking deeper into the foliage, I felt my head begin to pound and I felt faint. I heard the crunching of leaves and snapped my head around.

"Are you alright?" Came a deep voice. My vision was blurry. I only saw a shaggy black beard. "Are you alright?" The voice asked again.

I opened my mouth to reply when I collapsed, breathing heavily and holding my head. I felt a hand on my face. "You don't have a fever." The voice spoke, I looked up into the eyes of Thorin. I gritted my teeth and tried to stand. "Hold on, not so fast. Tell me what you need."

"Water," I croaked, he got up and ran to get some, once he was gone, a breathed a small plume of fire at my hands. The pain subsided a little.

It was then that I remembered something Smaug had told me. "Remember your fire, if you let it sit inside you too long, to will begin to consume you from the inside out."

I was about to breath more fire at my hands when Thorin returned. "Here," he said thrusting a waterskin in my face. I drank some from it and smiled, thanking him. He grunted in response as I stood up.

"Why would you walk around if you felt ill?!" He muttered angrily. I didn't respond.

When we got back, we were questioned.

"What were you two doing alone it there?" Fili asked suggestively.

"I got lost and she brought me back," Thorin explained before I could say anything. My eyebrows raised in surprise.

"That was very nice of you, Lassie," Balin said. I nodded and walked away.

~*~

There was a howl.

"Was that a wolf?" Bilbo asked. "Are there wolves out there?"

"No," replied Bofur, "That was not a wolf."

"Warg scouts!" Thorin exclaimed pulling his sword out of the dead warg's head. "Which means an orc pack is not far behind!"

"Orc pack?" Bilbo looked scared.

"Who did you tell about your quest beyond your kin?" Gandalf interrogated.

"No one," Thorin said.

"Who did you tell!" Gandalf shouted.

"No one, I swear!" Thorin shouted back. "What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You are being hunted," Gandalf answered.

"We have to get out of here," Dwalin said.

"We can't!" Called Ori, "We have no ponies! They bolted!"

"I'll draw them off!" Radagast decided.

"These are Gundabad Wargs. They will out run you." Gandalf warned.

"These are Rhosgabel Rabbits. I'd like to see them try." Radagast said with a grin.