26- the ball part 2

"Seriously Kyle!" I pushed him away from me "I'm bloody betrothed!"

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it Ari. You wanted me to kiss you just as much as I wanted to. Maybe even a little more." Kyle smirked.

"You're such an arrogant arsehole!" I shoved him backwards.

You did want him to kiss you though. That annoying voice in my head chimed.

"Princess Arabella, you're requested- OH!" Carmella walked into the room "I'm sorry I didn't realise you had company."

"It's fine Carmella." I smiled.

"Does Marcus know about your... Company?" Carmella questioned.

"Why would that matter?" I asked at the same time Kyle stepped in front of me and glared at Carmella.

"I don't think you should worry about who the princess hangs out with and who she doesn't." He snarled. "All you have to worry about is whether the floor is shiny enough for our princess to walk on."

"Kyle!" I shouted in outrage and tried to reach for Carmella but Kyle cut me off.

"I know what you and you're friends have planned." Kyle hissed so lowly I almost missed it.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Carmella looked towards me as she spoke. "The queen requested I take Arabella to the ball."

"I will escort the princess downstairs." Kyle glared at Carmella, making her squirm.

"But the queen requested that I-"

"Now you listen here." Kyle interrupted her "I will escort the princess when I am ready. I outrank you, you are just the maid. Get out of here."

Carmella glared at Kyle for a few seconds, before she turned and fled the room.

"How dare you talk to her like that!" I shouted at Kyle "How dare you kiss me!"

"Ari..." Kyle looked down at his shoes in shame.

"Do you know how much trouble you have caused?" I shrieked "I'm nothing but a little cheating tramp!"

"Don't call yourself that." Kyle shouted at me, raising his voice to a volume I didn't realise was possible.

I involuntary took a step back from him in fear and the anger in his eyes softened.

"Don't go tonight." He blurted out softly.

"What?" I asked

"To the ball. Don't go. Come with me, I know where we can go."

"Go with you?" I repeated, dumbfounded. "Kyle...you're not asking me to run away with you are you?"

"Just for tonight." He nodded "Just please don't go to that ball."

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't tell you." He made a face of pure agony. Just please don't go."

"Is it because Marcus is going to ask me to marry him?" I asked "Because we both knew that it was going to happen at some point. There're legends about this shit Kyle and I can't break it. I won't be selfish like that."

"Please Ari, I won't ever ask anything from you ever again. Just don't go." he begged.

"You're being ridiculous." I huffed "You will take me to the ball and that is an order."

A look of pain flashed across his face before he nodded. "Okay. lead the way."

We didn't speak as we walked towards the large staircase which lead to the ballroom. The music grew louder and I could hear voices in the distance.