Chapter 17: Innocence And The Corrupted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

I couldn't think of a proper title, so I just went with this.

Please point out any grammatical mistake, thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My self-awareness returned to me from my sleep when a bright light touched down on my face.

Stretching like a cat, I grumbled about being woken up and walked over to see if there is any Bison left.

Seeing nothing but scraps, I sighed internally and went over to my corner of the cave. I have never mentioned it, I believe, the layout of the cave.

The cave's area is like a rectangle in shape. I call it a cave, but it seems less than that. It's certainly large, because it's able to hold two full-sized, Ancient Rank dragons and still have plenty of space to move.

As I sat there thinking about what I should train for today, I had remembered about the mysterious soul that sat inside my stomach as a mana source for the moment.

It showed a similar feeling that Priest's did back when he was still a human, but this one felt... Supernatural?

It didn't feel like it belonged here. This world, I mean, not my stomach.

Though one thing did come to mind as I thought of it's potential.

I could use the mana provided by the soul to practice my healing magic while I use my own mana to increase my rank. Two birds with one stone.

'This is way too big of an opportunity and not exploit it to it's limit.'

Nodding my head along to my train of thought, I began both my training practices at the same time.

...

It was certainly difficult, to say the least.

A full day passed in the blink of an eye, I didn't even notice. I only came to when Odin had tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention that dad was back with food and that I should eat.

A bit embarrassed, I ate my share of today's catch and went back to it.

My new training process involved spreading and flowing my mana around my body like I always had done while inside the egg, while simultaneously letting my healing aura expel from my body.

It was difficult at first, like I said, but eventually it became easier as time went on.

Ah, there it is.

As I was practicing after having eaten something, I felt that progress was made towards my next milestone, Upper Lower class Master Rank.

Ever since I hatched from the egg, like Sans had guaranteed, I noticed a significant decrease in my adaptability and ease with my training. At this rate, I will need another month or so until I can double my strength.

Once I get that high of doubling my strength, that's the best condition my body can be when the humans attack. I once that happens, I will focus my all into my magic.

With the extended time bordering infinite, I can practice my magic for periods longer than I ever could before.

Things are looking good. I hope that they stay that way.

...

"Ugh, why is training so hard?" The sweet sound of a woman moaned in her bedroom.

This woman was the newly summoned "Hero", Yuri Ainu.