4: Drama makes me realize love is stupid.

(☆▽☆)

~

As you arrive at the gym, Hinata and a guy was sitting on the stairs in front of the gym's door. Seems like their upperclassmen are very strict, as they prevent them from joining the club's activities although it's their first day entering a club.

As you walk towards them, you notice that guy is not an ordinary guy but is the king of the court himself - Kageyama. It confuses you since a powerhouse like his school's student should be directed to the high school volleyball powerhouse like Aoba Josai but he was transferred here.

Odd indeed.

"Shoyo." You lightly yell to get his attention as you jog toward his side, looking at Kageyama from time to time as you were aware of him. "[Name]!" He replies with an excited expression as he waves his hand. "Why are you here? Did you get yourself in trouble in your club just like us?" He tilted his head as he guesses the possibility of what trouble you cause.

You take a deep breath before letting out a sigh, sadly talking about how the club was disbanded. But after a while, you notice he said 'get in trouble just like us' which makes you a little mad at him as you squeeze his little chubby cheeks.

"Get in trouble on the first day? I thought I taught you better than this." You coldly scold him like a mother as he yelps in pain by the force of your pinch on his cheeks. Kageyama let out a fake cough as he reminded you both that he is still there.

You stop your action before your face letting out a blush of embarrassment by your behavior. You lightly tug at the sleeve of Hinata's jacket while glancing on the dark-haired male. He gets what you're thinking about since he thought about that too.

"The King got rejected by the school." Kageyama glares over your both direction as he hears what Hinata said. "YEP!" Hinata squeals as he feels the scary atmosphere and glare that Kageyama gave him.

You put your hand on his shoulder making him feels surprised at your action.

"That's rough, buddy."

..

You get home after you saw the moon was slowly rising, your grandmother may have a heart attack if you return later. You experience once since your team's practice ended pretty late, she calls the police and reported that you're missing.

That was an embarrassing moment for the police and you.

"I'm home." You said as you take your shoes off before entering the living room. "Welcome back." Your grandmother said softly almost unheard since the volume of the television is louder than her voice. "There's food on the table if you're hungry." She said as she pauses the program.

"It's okay, Grandma. I will reheat the food myself." You said as you saw she is struggling to get up. "I will leave it to you then." She plops on the couch again and continues to watch the program. The house is much better after some renovation request by your father, the roof stops leaking and the house looks more modern than before.

Your father said that your mother orders him to do it, but you know your mother didn't care shit about you so you didn't fall for your father's sweet lies. You open the food cover to see a plate of cooked fish, a bowl of miso soup, a bowl of vegetables, and of course a bowl of rice. "I hope the dishes it's fine with you." Your grandma said as she doesn't what you prefer a few years ago.

"I'm fine with everything you cook. You really don't need to think too much about me." You pull the chair out and began to eat. She gave out a sigh as she really can't figure you out these past few years, ever since you came back from school, crying when you were 12 and your whole personality change after that.

You are not the cheerful and happy-go-lucky girl you used to be, now you were a sad lonely girl under your infamous cold and poker face facade.

Your attention was at the drama that is broadcast on the television, it was a romance drama that recently gained popularity on the internet because a famous and handsome actor is one of the casts and a famous celebrity cameo in it as well.

At the end of the episode, the two main characters shared a kiss in front of the Christmas tree and the credit rolls. "Aw... it's the last episode. It was fun while it last." She said as she switches to another channel that's broadcasting a variety show.

You actually wonder how does a kiss feel like as you place the tip of your chopstick on your lips. Ah, forget it. The more you think about it, the more you think about how ridiculous love is. Love is just a stepping stone to your dream of success, so there is no point in thinking it. You get rid of the topic of love in your mind by drowning yourself in solving math questions in your mind.

..

You were awake early in the morning and walk to the school yourself as you didn't see Hinata. You go to school at 7.30 a.m. every day to do your homework at school, maybe you wanted to feel the thrill of being a rebellious kid. And it clears your head and gets rid of distraction in your house, for example - your grandma.

As you pass by the gym, there was light and squealing noises coming out of it. "AH!" A slam was heard and also... Hinata's voice? Your curiosity is peaking and there are no cats here so you slowly open the rusty door.

"AH!" There were three voices screaming but was silent after noticing is just you. The three let out a relieved sigh and you heard Hinata saying: "Thank god is just [Name]." You furrowed your brows, judging those expressions they were expecting someone who is strict and would scold them.

"What do you mean by just [Name]? I can kick you in this skirt, you know?" You said as you stand like a mom causing Hinata to tense up. "AH!" The scream came from a bald head male wearing a black jacket. "A... a beauty?!" He squeals as he hugs his body. "Hello, senpai." You said as you bow a little in respect.

"S-s-senpai." He falls to the ground as he clenches his heart, thinking he has a heart attack you rush to him as your mind already appear the procedure. "Are you okay, senpai?" You said but was stopped by him putting his finger on your lips.

"Stop calling that destructive word with such a cute voice."

Um, what? Cute?

You were blushing by his sudden action and his choice of word. Your eyes dart to Hinata as your eyes were screaming help.

Am I going to be okay in high school?