034.

Essence's POV
A week later...

"See you after school Raymond." I said to the bodyguard who's been taking me, Kash, Laila, and Curtis to school every morning.
"Y'all kids be good." He said and Laila waved before he pulled off.
We all started towards the school building while everybody stared at us like they have been since last week. We hadn't heard from that anonymous person in like 2 weeks and the whispers had gone down about Laila, and she could finally breathe.

Kash put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead while we walked through the doors. Immediately, Greg, Rodney, Hannah, and Rodney's girlfriend found us and started to give us hugs.
"What y'all been up to? Y'all still rolling up in that big body Benz every morning." Greg said as we made our way into the cafeteria before the first bell rang.
"It's because we have to, if not I would've still been in my lovely car." Laila said and sighed.

"Y'all rolling up to the party at Tatiana house tonight? I heard everybody supposed to be there." Rodney said as we sat down at our normal table.
"We can't." All of us said in unison and they smacked they're lips.
"We know y'all on lockdown or whatever but come on. The party is invite only, there's only gonna be a handful of people there. It lasts till like 12 but we can leave earlier than that." Rodney said while taking some hot Cheetos out of his girlfriend's bag.

I looked at Kash and then Laila but Laila was already looking at me and we started communicating through facial expressions. Laila was basically in agreement but I was a little iffy about it.
"Y'all aren't seriously thinking about going right?" Curtis said as everybody watched us.
"I mean nobody would really notice we're gone besides Raymond, and we can just tell him we all have practice today, and I have detention." Laila explained and I looked at Kash.

"I don't know, I'm a little on the edge about it. I'm not really one to break the rules unless it's my parents cause I don't like them." I said and Hannah tilted her head.
"Come on, it's only once. If you guys go then we will never ask you to break the rules again." She said and Greg nodded.
"Kash?" I said and he looked down at me for a second.

"I mean I don't really have a problem with it, I sneak out all the time." He said and then we all looked at Curtis.
He looked like he was thinking for a second and then he noticed us looking at him. "What?" He said Laila nudged him.
"Is it the move or not? We're 2 against 1 right now." Kash asked him and Curtis let out a breath.
"Alright. But if this goes to shit and your brother finds out, I'm gonna be the first person to say I told you so." He said and Laila chuckled before laying on his shoulder.

We engaged in a conversation for a second about prom which is in a couple months before Hannah's phone went off.
"I gotta use the bathroom babe, I'll be back." She said getting up and kissing his cheek.
"I'll go with her." Rodney's girlfriend said getting up.
"Why do girls do that?" Greg said watching them walk off.

"Do what?" Me and Laila said at the same time.
"Y'all go to the bathroom in huddles, y'all don't even be using the bathroom most of the time." Rodney said and we laughed.
"It's just like a sister code thing. Especially like at a party or something, you never let the girl go to the bathroom alone because you don't know what could happen." Laila explained and I nodded.
"Yeah I remember this school dance I went to in 8th grade, I went to the bathroom by myself because Laila was dancing with Nayah. I went to the bathroom and there was 3 girls in there that I had beef with and they literally jumped me." I said and Laila shook her head.

"Damn why didn't I know about this?" Kash said and I shrugged.
"Cause it's old now, that was like 4 years ago. Plus Laila beat them up and Jayla beat all their big sister's up so it didn't matter." I said and Laila laughed.
"My sister really doesn't play, she lined all them bitches up too. In her head scarf and everything." She said and we all laughed.