40

A rainy day.

People passing me like I didn't exist. It wasn't like I cared anyway.

I didn't care for my existent either... but I did care for one person certainly...

Wearing my shoes I left the house hurriedly with my plain umbrella. I waited in the bus stop untill the bus came with full of people. With a sigh I got in and the dull daily routine began.

Same colleagues with their same fake smile to me. It was frustrating. Being treated like a human by them when they actually didn't wanted to care I existed.

I smiled back and Walked away.

That's what I'm best at.

Life's been the same. But something was missing.

It had been over three years.

I didn't wanted to remember all those days where I was really happy. With someone who wasn't alive. With someone who didn't existed just like Me.

A tear tried to escape but I wipe it off before sipping my coffe as bunch of files rests in front of me. The rain stopped but it was gonna rain again for sure. Maybe a little lightly.

With all the stressful same things, it was already afternoon. Today was my half day so I was happy I can leave early and go somewhere.

My feets worked fast as I reached the place I wanted for a long time. A smile crept my lips as I walked and walked finally reaching my destination.

I kneeled down and held a flower in my hand.

"How are you tae?" I said before I felt my eyes already wet.

"Are you fine? Didn't you miss me? I didn't at all for your information" I chuckled as the flower shook as well in my hand.

"Life's been same. Nothing new. By the way I was promoted, that's why all those so called colleagues were faking it again with me. Selfish world"

"But I'm fine. Just a little lonely"

"Anyway I gotta return soon so... I've to leave. Don't miss me okay?" And with that I placed the flower over his graveyard.

Tears started to form again in my eyes but this time I didn't cry hardly. It had been three years since he left me.

Everyday I would wait for him in the same balcony as the clock strike 5 AM but he never showed up. Not even once.

It felt like he didn't exist ever at the first place.

I tried to forget him and conceal Myself saying that it was a mare dream. A dream which kept me happy.

But I couldn't believe that.

After some sobs I started to wipe them when someone called out for me from behind.

"Umm miss?" I turned around seeing a middle aged man.

"Yes?"

"Why are you here?" I had stand up by then.

"Umm just wanted to visit my... close one's grave..."

I expected a simple "oh" or  a nod but in exchange it was something unexpected.

"Who's grave? There's no one's grave here yet ma'am."

And it made me too much shock that I couldn't even process properly.