⑥You Sure Know How To Brag

"He doesn't look busy now," Jimin said as he glanced back at the dark red-haired boy.

"Yes, Tae, go and tell him to come here."

"You want me to go there now?" A deep frown settled on his features as only the thought of being near to that CEO had his stomach shriveling with anger.

"Yeah, why?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung heaved a sigh, his mouth set in a hard line. "Nothing, I'll just go," he muttered, defeated, and dragged his feet to the bar. "Um." He cleared his throat to attract Inguk's attention, but unfortunately, he drew Jeongguk's eyes to him as well.

"Tae, everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask if you could help us with something?" He tried his best to ignore Jeongguk's penetrating stare.

Inguk nodded and made his way out of the bar as Taehyung waited for him. When he was ready to follow Inguk, Jeongguk's voice impeded him from taking another step.

"Not even a hi?" His voice was smooth, subdued, and a low chuckle accompanied his derisive inquiry.

Taehyung glared at him stony-faced, unamused at his provocative behavior. "Why would I say hi? I don't know you."

Jeongguk tilted his head to the side in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Just because I deliver your food doesn't mean I know you. And I won't be delivering your food anymore so." He lifted a contemptuous shoulder and pivoted, but a grasp on his wrist froze him in his tracks. He wrenched his hand once the realization of what just happened thundered down on him, his face twisting into a scowl. "Don't touch me."

His words and vicious tone startled him — he wouldn't lie — but he dismissed it. "And what are you gonna do? Are you gonna quit?"

"No, I'll ask Ten to deliver your food and I'll do the serving."

"Inguk won't accept that."

"Then I'll quit," he hissed, but of course, he didn't mean it. He would never quit for that stupid, obnoxious CEO.

"You wouldn't do that. You need the job."

"But I don't need you yelling at me for a simple mistake, and I'm not having it anymore." He swiveled around and trudged to his friends, leaving Jeongguk once again without knowing what to say.

"Everything okay?" Inguk asked, concerned, since he saw the little scene between him and the CEO.

"Yes."

Inguk didn't seem convinced but decided to talk to him later about it. "So as I was saying, it is a risky move when you don't have enough money in case something goes wrong. But you have to start small. Find the perfect place. When you find a good location, you can start making plans. You can either build the cafe from scratch or find an empty building. I suggest you go with the second option because it will take a lot of time and a lot of money otherwise."

The three boys were engrossed in what Inguk was saying and didn't notice a certain someone who stood close to their table, listening to their conversation.

"You need someone to fund you?" Jeongguk's nonchalant voice caused them to jerk their heads to him.

"Um, what?" asked Seokjin.

"Hello, Jeon Jeongguk, CEO of JK Auto Company."

"Auto meaning cars so why would you fund him?" Jimin cocked his head to the side, bewildered.

"Well, may I have a seat?"

The cold CEO didn't seem so cold at that moment to Taehyung's eyes with his cordial attitude and smile. The others nodded in response, and Jeongguk's small smile widened as he perched on the chair.