01. {will is missing}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 7th, 1983
hawkins middle - davis' residence

matilda joane davis slammed the door of her dad's police car. to her, today was a normal and boring day, but to the people closely connected to the byers family and aware of everything that was going on- it was not.

the second she exited the car, the glistening sun hit her face and gave her a natural glow. the cold novermber draft blew into her face, making her hair go all over the place, she scanned the area for her friends and sighed as she failed to find any.

"i'll see you soon." daniel davis, her adoptive father, spoke from his car before he drove off to work.

"bye." the girl grinned as she walked towards the school.

tilly rolled her eyes the second she saw troy walsh and james dante mistreating a few other kids near the bike racks- the school's a.v club members to be precise.

the brunette strolled over to the five boys just in time to hear troy demanding one of them do something. her cuffed jeans chaffed her legs as she sauntered over to them and her crop top rode up and down.

"do the arm thing." troy yelled.

"do it, freak!" james added.

"don't." tilly pushed in between them and smiled at their startled faces, "don't do it."

"what are you doing?" troy snapped, his face slightly softening when he saw her.

"leave them alone troy, it's not even 9am yet." tilly rolled her eyes, "i'll meet you inside."

"but..." james started.

"i'll meet you inside." tilly repeated, slightly intimidating them.

"whatever." troy mumbled as him and james made their way into the school.

"t-thanks for that." dustin henderson gave the brunette a smile.

tilly looked up at the three boys and glared at them, "you have got to learn to stick up for yourself."

"easier said than done." michael wheeler grumbled.

"yeah... okay." tilly cringed before shoving past lucas sinclair.

"i knew it was too good to be true," lucas uttered once tilly was out of earshot.

tilly had a tendency to stop the boys from being bullied whenever she could but on the other hand, she swore she didn't like them. no one knew why but they guessed it was because she was friends with the smallest one in the group - william byers.

"she's so unpredictable." mike scowled.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───