Chapter 16

Sidharth had not left the side of his family after there was the incident of stone pelting. A police constable had arrived in the morning to check and had left after writing few things in his diary. Sid knew police won't do anything as they are bought easily by some rich people. He had not named anyone in his complaint. Shini had dressed his wound and he didn't leave the house that day.

But it is not possible to stay indoors for him. After two days, Sid leaves for the gym in the morning and after returning he goes to drop her sister. He asks her to call him immediately after her classes are over. He goes for an interview at an Travel company. The interview gets over by late afternoon. Sid decides to wait for his sister outside the medical college campus. He goes and parks his bike near a tea stall. He sits on the bench and takes a sip of hot tea, thinking what will he do next, if he doesn't get a job soon. It is not possible to pay for all expenses with the salary from the gym.

Sid suddenly hears the cries of some girls and noise of motorbikes. He finds a group of girls standing in the middle of the road near the gate to enter the college. A few motorists in black jackets and helmets are circling them at a good speed. The scared girls are making noises. The security people try to stop them but they get beaten up too by the people sitting at the back of the motorists with clubs and hockey sticks.

Sid gets up from the bench, pays the tea stall owner. He starts walking towards the gate after pulling a bamboo stick from the top of the tea stall's thatched roof. After reaching the gate, he hears the guys are passing absurd comments in obscene languages. He pulls the stick and hits one of the motorists. He falls down along with the bike. Others looking him fall, stop their motorbikes.

Sid turns to see at the girls standing in the middle and finds that one of them is his sister Shini. He shouts,"Tum log andar jao." Sid finds three of the bikers are now coming towards him to hit him. Sid starts hitting them one by one with the stick. Soon the police arrives at the scene. The professors come out along with the girls. They explain everything to the police who arrests all the motorists.

Sid hugs his sister and takes her home. He has no idea, if this was a case of eve teasing or another plan to hurt him. Sid is now getting more worried. He doesn't care for himself. But now things are getting more serious. These people whom Sana has given the responsibility to harass him are now after his family. They have now got the idea very clearly that he has only one weakness, his family.

However he has no way to get out of this mess. He can't bow down to the stubborn Sana. There is no other place where he can move with the family. He has invested his everything in this house. And he can't let Shini's education be hampered. He had thought the girl will lose interest in him and move on with time. But now getting him to marry has become her obsession.

For few days, things remain calm. No attacks or phone calls from anybody. Sid and his family now feel relaxed that may be things has started to cool down. Soon everything will be alright. But this was only a big mistake from their end.

Sid has taken up a job in a small restaurant. The salary was less but enough to pay for the loan instalments. He was still looking for better job. He gets a call from his sister. She is crying on the other side. Sid's heart skips a beat hearing her voice. He thinks about the worst, all the way as he goes to her college. He meets her outside the office. She rushes into his arms and starts crying. Sid is worried for her and so he  asks," What has happened? Can you tell me please? You are scaring me." Shini says in between her whimpers,"They are talking about expelling me from the college. Please Bhaiya aap kuch karo.. "

Sidharth is called in to the chamber of the Dean of the medical college and hospital. Sid after taking permission enters the room and the Dean asks him to sit. Sid introduces himself as the brother of Shalini. The Dean says,"I usually don't have time to talk to the families of the students. But this is an exception. You see Sidharth, Shalini has been a very good student in her batch. In fact she has performed exceptionally well in her exams. But this has been brought to my attention that for the past few months, her attendance has been sliping. And well, her professor has complained that she had tried to copy in her exams and misbehaved with him." Sid says,"Sir, I know my sister. She can never do such things in her life. Trust me sir. Her life will be spoilt sir. Please sir." The Dean says,"I don't want that for her ever. That's why, I am looking into the matter myself. A disciplinary board will decide things after two days. I will make sure everything is fair. But till that time, she is under suspension. If anything comes out against her then I am afraid, I won't be able to do much."

Sid comes out of the room and takes her sister back home. Shini continues to cry telling that she has not done anything. Sid and their mother keep consoling her, till she falls asleep.

At night Sid gets a call from the previous number. He picks up the call and a guy says,"Abhi bhi apne zid pe ada rahega? Kaisa bhai hai tu?" Sid replies," You bastard, I will kill you. You have done all these. You.." The guy laughs and says," Nothing has happened yet. After two days, the professor will say he had mistaken her for some one else. And your sister will be back to her path to become doctor. But for that you have to be a good brother now. Call on the number I will message you by tomorrow night and you know what to say. Behna ke liye kuch bhi..kyun?"

Shini is standing on the door as Sid hangs up the phone. She comes into the room and says,"It is alright bhaiya. If I don't become doctor then I will not break down. I have learnt it from you. You don't need to bend in front of anybody." Sid puts his hand on her head and says,"Bahut badi badi baat karne lag gayi hai. Tera Bhai abhi bhi zinda hai. He will do everything to make your dreams come true." Sumitra ji enters the room and says," Hum sab yahan se chale jate hai. We can stay at your Mamaji's place in Delhi for few days and then find some place in that city to live." Sid smiles and says," Yeah, really you want to go to his house, the mamaji who didn't look at us when papa died. Please maa. And why should we go away? Shini has her college here. We can't run away like a coward. We can't change cities." Shini says," But bhaiya what option do we have. These people won't let us live here in peace."

Sid says,"Things will change now. I have made a decision. And maa and Shini, Mein chahata hun, aap log mujhe support kare. Just have faith in me." Sid picks up the phone and makes a call  and says," Hello. I want to talk to you. Meet me tonight."

Hi friends,
Sorry for late update..Hope you like this new chapter..wait for the next update, it might be interesting for you.
Read, like, vote and please do comment too..
Lot's of 💕💕💕💕

As mentioned a new book might be up tomorrow..Are you excited to read something new?